The Student Room Group

2016 Edexcel Economics A: Paper 1 Intro To Markets And Market Failure (May 16th)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rosemondtan
Yup C1 HAHA. And idk man it just kind of popped into my mind but I definitely feel like my 20 marker was very messy sooo yup. Plus most of my points in the 15/20 marker were quite unusual (I.e. Not typical responses) But other than that the paper didn't make me feel like I want to kill myself so I guess it's fine haha. You too!! How much have you studied for C1? :tongue:

Yeah the paper was hard looking back at it, but I feel like I didn't lose too many marks, except for the 3 marker at the start :frown: Hopefully I don't drop more than 18ish marks, so I get the A.

I do further maths, so I'm taking C1-4, S1-2, M1-2 this year. For C1 I've done 2 CGP papers, 5 regular papers, which were pretty calm, and 4 solomon papers (all challenging questions) - I feel prepared, but I feel a lot of pressure, because if there's ONE question I can't do in the paper, I've ruined my chances for an A*, as I need to get around 95ish percent (at least 90%) in this paper. I will attempt to do two more solomon papers from 11:30 till 1am today which I hope will go well.

Sorry for going off topic other peoples
Original post by TheKevinFang
Yeah the paper was hard looking back at it, but I feel like I didn't lose too many marks, except for the 3 marker at the start :frown: Hopefully I don't drop more than 18ish marks, so I get the A.

I do further maths, so I'm taking C1-4, S1-2, M1-2 this year. For C1 I've done 2 CGP papers, 5 regular papers, which were pretty calm, and 4 solomon papers (all challenging questions) - I feel prepared, but I feel a lot of pressure, because if there's ONE question I can't do in the paper, I've ruined my chances for an A*, as I need to get around 95ish percent (at least 90%) in this paper. I will attempt to do two more solomon papers from 11:30 till 1am today which I hope will go well.

Sorry for going off topic other peoples

I like how you said other peopleS ha. :biggrin: Anyway, sounds intense! I like C1-C4 (self studied C3 and C4 awhile ago) but I just don't like mechanics :frown: how many other exams do you have!
I like how you said other peopleS ha. :biggrin: Anyway, sounds intense! I like C1-C4 (self studied C3 and C4 awhile ago) but I just don't like mechanics :frown: how many other exams do you have!

11 more exams... This half term will be eat, sleep, maths (some physics) repeat. If not then gg Maths A-Level haha

Self teaching C3-4? Commendable, especially for Year 12 I'm guessing? I've forgotten a lot of C4 to be honest...
Hi guys does anyone have the paper or a list of the questions thanksss
Does anyone have a good way of answering the unit 2 exam? Like I would usually start from section B and then I'll have like 10-15mins left to spend on section A, is this a good way of doing the exam? Or do you guys have a better way of getting through the paper?
Reply 447
Original post by AsmaaMahamud97
Do you happen to have unit 2 adapted ones? Pleaseeeeee say yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have more adapted ones for unit 2 than I did for unit 1! PM me your email :smile:
Original post by zayn008
I have more adapted ones for unit 2 than I did for unit 1! PM me your email :smile:

Can you send them to me aswell?
Sorry for scraping in :smile:
Original post by zayn008

Could you send them my way too, please?

If you want unit 2 notes, let me know. I've also made an exam technique guide.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jasaron
Could you send them my way too, please?

j.bajwa36@googlemail.com

kl could you send that stuff please [email protected]
[QUOTE=Jasaron;64929139]Could you send them my way too, please?

j.bajwa36@googlemail.com

Could I have a look at the exam tech guide please?
Yup I explained everything about substitutes just didn't put the formula lmao. I evaluated that some people may still be unable to afford the mortgage even if it's been subsidised so they will still have to rent. Also, demand for rent amongst expatriates especially those on work permits will stay the same because it's simply not economically feasible to buy a house to stay in for the duration of the work permit! And something else I forgot lol

Original post by lpjjohnson
The formula will only be worth one mark so I wouldn't stress over that too much. It sounds like you answered it well.

Original post by TheKevinFang
Haha, very good second evaluation point! How did you think of that in the exam situation? I was too busy shitting my pants because of the first question... Never mind my urge to actually take a dump...

You should be fine, as the analysis points are out of 6, so if you feel like you've written enough, especially with a subsidy diagram, you may still get 6/6.

Gl with C1 in 10 hours! (if you take maths)

In case you guys want it. Technocrat Notes have Finally an apple appstore
app yes!! It has really got me to stop stressing about these hard new spec exams.

Applehttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/technocrat-notes/id1111953817?ls=1&mt=8

Googlehttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Technocratnotes.a pp&hl=en_GB
Original post by nickg15b
In case you guys want it. Technocrat Notes have Finally an apple appstore
app yes!! It has really got me to stop stressing about these hard new spec exams.

Applehttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/technocrat-notes/id1111953817?ls=1&mt=8

Googlehttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Technocratnotes.a pp&hl=en_GB

Hahaha thanks!!!
Hahaha thanks!!!

No problem man. Their Technocrat Notes orginals revision guides are so good. they give you space on one side to incorporate your own notes nicely. :smile: Just print them off and follow their instructions.
[QUOTE=nickg15b;64930741]No problem man. Their Technocrat Notes orginals revision guides are so good. they give you space on one side to incorporate your own notes nicely. :smile: Just print them off and follow their instructions.

The app doesn't work
Original post by Dnkz7
I honestly don't think the 10 marker had any reference to XED. I asked my Economics teacher who looked through the paper this morning and he said so... even my friends agreed as we wrote the same thing about subsidies by defining it and explaining how it will affect the market.

this makes me so happy I had no idea in my mind about XED when I was writing my answer.. I wrote all about subsidies.. but the rest of my class picked up on XED... i'm not sure.. what a strange exam..
Original post by thinkecon
Hey, I self-studied my AS in Economics last year and got 100%.

Now have an offer to read economics at Cambridge and wanted to help other students who might need help with their AS (helps me too because I need to revise AS content because it repeats at A2).

I've been helping a lot of students out with the new spec, here are some resources I've made/found:

1. Mind maps with all definitions + evaluation points (attached).

2. Free online revision course (pretty much just used this to get 100%): www.uplearn.co.uk

3. Edexcel detailed syllabus (page 20 on):

http://qualifications.pearson.com/co..._Guide_new.pdf

4. I also compiled the past papers for Edexcel (before 2015) here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...W8&usp=sharing

I also have model answers to all the past paper questions.

Literally any questions and I'm happy to provide a detailed answer to assist :smile:

PS: Mods, please delete the other thread with same title in Exam Study Help - thanks!

Uplearn says it will send me an email in September as exams are too close. Is it good for maths, further maths and geography as well?
Original post by Diastal
The app doesn't work

which operating system do u use.The app works both on my ipad and samsung phone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending