The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rooney is such a dickhead with his passing idc
Original post by KingKoala
Rooney is better in midfield than Schneiderlin.

ffs:colonhash:
Rooney is better in midfield than Schneiderlin.

Doesn't say much right now
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Doesn't say much right now

I know, I know. I have been saying he is not United standard since the start of the season.
I know, I know. I have been saying he is not United standard since the start of the season.

The worrying about Schneiderlin is that even in his best games this season, he's only been solid and shown no real star quality. Really needs to step it up, I'd take some inconsistency from him if it meant you get the odd 8-9/10 performance out of him.
If you guys hire Mourinho you will win the Premier League most likely, after spending millions upon millions. You will win after selling all of your young players down the river, which imo would be a travesty because as a fan of another club I love that the club has kept with tradition. Man Utd are my favourite club other than my own because of it's traditions and values, and it's rise through the years to become a superclub.

Mourinho is a winner but his football is soulless and I could see the young players (Rashford, Lingard, Fosu-Mensah, Varela, Januzaj) getting benched indefinitely. That IMO, would be a travesty.

Yes, Mourinho may keep the players like he kept many of Ranieri's players... but I don't see it happening because he would be so desperate to beat Pep that he would destroy their careers to grant himself instant success. Mourinho is a footballing parasite like that, he does not build empires. He takes finished products (players) and then wins with them. This team is not the finished product by any means.

The best option imo is Simeone, a guy that has shown he can nurture young players and win. Also, his style of football would prove to be effective in the PL. If Simeone wins the CL his job with Atletico is done surely... where does he go from there? Everything should be done to get Simeone. Not easy to lure away from Atletico, but he is a damn sight more appealing than Mourinho.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kenan and Kel
The worrying about Schneiderlin is that even in his best games this season, he's only been solid and shown no real star quality. Really needs to step it up, I'd take some inconsistency from him if it meant you get the odd 8-9/10 performance out of him.

I don't think he is the type of player we need at the moment. Lacks technical ability, doesn't get forward enough, no leadership skills, lack of overall experience, etc...
A shame for DDG that he didn't get the Golden Glove. He deserved it, really.
I want to cry whenever I see Lingard mentioned as a youngster along with Rashford and TFM

The guy is 5/6 years older than them for crying out loud. He's older than Pogba too.
Original post by Dirtybit
I want to cry whenever I see Lingard mentioned as a youngster along with Rashford and TFM

The guy is 5/6 years older than them for crying out loud. He's older than Pogba too.

He's only about 9 months younger than Neymar as well...
Original post by Dirtybit

Lingard is 23. Wow.
I always just assumed that he was 18-20. He is absolutely nowhere near the quality he should be right now.

It baffles me how players like Fellaini and Lingard can regularly get a starting place in the squad. We don't have many stars like DDG or Martial but at least we have no passengers in our starting XI.
Reply 9291
Yeah I don't get how Lingard justifies a first team place?
I didn't understand playing a full strength team tbh Now if we tire and concede late goals v Palace the blame will be on LVG again for playing a strong team in a dead rubber.

DDG Valencia Smalling Blind CBJ Rooney Schneiderlin Herrera Martial Mata Rashford

would be my starting 11 for the cup final.
Original post by Lúcio
Lingard is 23. Wow.
I always just assumed that he was 18-20. He is absolutely nowhere near the quality he should be right now.

It baffles me how players like Fellaini and Lingard can regularly get a starting place in the squad. We don't have many stars like DDG or Martial but at least we have no passengers in our starting XI.

Joe Allen?Sakho?
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Yeah I don't get how Lingard justifies a first team place?

Because he dabs, but seriously I used to despise him as much as anyone but he gives the team a lot off the ball in that he closes down, chases back, can complete simple passes (can't shoot) and hes got a bit of pace.

But I would rather play Depay over him, Depay is younger than him as well
Reply 9295
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
Because he dabs, but seriously I used to despise him as much as anyone but he gives the team a lot off the ball in that he closes down, chases back, can complete simple passes (can't shoot) and hes got a bit of pace.

But I would rather play Depay over him, Depay is younger than him as well

Yeah, running around a lot doesn't justify a first team place.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Yeah, running around a lot doesn't justify a first team place.

I agree but the work rate has to count for something, I think he could be a good squad player for us who starts the odd game and can come on as a sub to help us see a game out.
Reply 9297
I agree but the work rate has to count for something, I think he could be a good squad player for us who starts the odd game and can come on as a sub to help us see a game out.

Yeah, maybe for the current Manchester United, a United that wants to compete for the league and the CL(like they should be doing) probably doesn't justify having Lingard in the squad at all.
Joe Allen?Sakho?

Srs question, have you watched football in the past month? You're either a poor troll or a poor poster, take your pick :smile:

Sakho is by far our best defender so you're absolutely deluded there.
Allen has been absolutely exceptional for us this season, particularly since Klopp arrived.

There are no passengers in our side - we have a generally consistent level of quality throughout the entire team. You simply don't, whether that's a good ting or not is your own perception.

If all you can do is work hard without producing any sizeable output, you have absolutely no right to be a top level footballer.

If you look at some of the best players in the world, you don't see them running up and down the pitch all game. They know when they need to run and they know when they need to conserve energy.

If you watch players like Aguero and Messi play, they spend a lot of their time walking - they just have the instinct and footballing brain to switch it on at the perfect moment. They save their energy for when it will be best utilised and they do it expertly.

Latest