The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lordoftheties
Its real. I was present during an exorcism...

sorry :colondollar:
Original post by iEthan
I was being facetious, sorry :giggle: Molvi is the name of a spam bot that spams this site to high heaven every day about vashikaran and black magic :lol:

I know of 'malvi' which is what I hear most pakistanis calling their islamic teachers...
Original post by Mizuz
Erm...okay? Is his advice any good?

I can't say I've ever contacted him!
Reply 43
Original post by Mizuz
Wow...I wonder if what he said was true?? Do you still keep in touch with your friend? :smile:

Is it really cute? :s-smilie: He just freaks me out to the point where I want to be out of that door. At the same time, he helps me out with my homework and helps random people in random ways.

:eyeball: Erm... His eyes are a bit like this <, but I don't know how to describe the rest... I usually freeze when he laughs and many times I have seen people turn around in their seats with a horrified expression...

Currently, my hair is really long - I want hair up to my shoulders, but my mum practically threatens to disown me if I cut it. Oh well, I'll let her know about this guy and maybe she'll let me since she believes in black magic all the way. :biggrin:

Oh, I haven't spoken to him in about 10 years haha. Wonder what he's doing now :moon:

I guess it isn't cute if he happens to turn on you... Better stay on his good side always haha

That is hilarious. I love unique laughs because they're contagious! :laugh:

I suppose that's one benefit of superstitious parents. Threaten them with a bit of voodoo and a curse or two and you can get away with anything.
Reply 44
Original post by Roxi1602
Its basically a term for ghosts. Then you get good ones and bad ones. Oh you should deffo hear the really scary jinn stories. I ended up having nightmares 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

So what do the good "jinns" do?Not right now at the moment, please! It's only my mum and me at home, and she's already going to bed! It was a bad idea to post this so late...:frown:
Original post by Mizuz
I don't believe in it. But there is this guy in my Japanese class who I sit next to for most of my lessons. Whenever we have an idle chat, he mentions something related to black magic! This one time he told me that there are curses he knows and has used on some of his classmates.

I ignored this for a while believing that he must be making a fool out of me and that he is nothing more than a normal guy who is probably trying to prank me. One day, my friend claimed that he heard him practicing his laugh in the toilet and that he was speaking weird stuff in a trance like manner while staring at the mirror. Also, I can't count the number of times he has muttered "May a thousand curses befall upon you" under his breath to our teacher for simply picking on him to answer a question.

I don't want to judge him based upon these things. I have never seen his curses at our teacher actually ever work, but I am seriously scared of him. When I speak to him, he stares really eerily back at me and this scares me even more. I do want to be friends with him because he does genuinely help people out, and I do believe he is a nice guy, but his odd behavior is a little worrying.

Please post your opinion on what you would do in this situation. :smile:

I believe it because I've been binge watching Sleepy Hollow on netflix for the past few days. So I've suspended reality for a while so I can engross myself into the show.
Reply 46
Original post by lordoftheties
Yes they are now. Jinn in Islam are 'spirits' I suppose. They certainly arent JUST bad. They live their lives just as we do, but are ordered never to interfere with this world. There are all varieties of Jinn, just as there are such varieties of men. The thing is they live for a lot longer. A pretty interesting anecdote on how long is that a group of scholars were disputing what the last prophet (pbuh) had done in a specific situation, and I believe they had agreed on something, only for a Jinn to appear and inform them of what really happened, as he was there during that time. Dont quote me on every aspect of that story though...

Oh wow...so when people do black magic, do they enlist the help of the bad "jinns"?
Original post by Mizuz
I had to go downstairs with my laptop after reading this. Good thing my mum is still awake, I am actually petra-fied (reference to Attack on Titan since I was watching it just a while ago). This seems very daunting - I can't imagine how much pain that person must have had to endure. Are they cured of this "jinn"...? I am guessing "jinn" is like a bad ghost or something?? :afraid:
Djinn, in the Qur'an, are fire spirits, created before man. Not ghosts, more like demons. They're the origin of the genie, as a concept. There are similar concepts in old mysicism. The "genie in a bottle," for example, comes originally from the Testament of Solomon, which describes Solomon being given power over demons by using a specially prepared ring to force demons into bottles - originally to keep them from doing harm.

If you want to talk about magic, I'd say I do - to an extent. Specifically, I believe there are things you shouldn't **** with.
Reply 48
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
I believe it because I've been binge watching Sleepy Hollow on netflix for the past few days. So I've suspended reality for a while so I can engross myself into the show.

Ooh is Sleepy Hollow any good? I've been debating binging all of it but no one I know has watched it!
Original post by Mizuz
Oh wow...so when people do black magic, do they enlist the help of the bad "jinns"?

Yep, that's it. However, if someone happens to hurt a jinn, they would try and seek 'revenge' if you like by possessing that person and doing to them what they see fit (killing or hurting etc). I just realised how spooky this might seem! Are you Muslamic?
Reply 50
Original post by Mizuz
So what do the good "jinns" do?Not right now at the moment, please! It's only my mum and me at home, and she's already going to bed! It was a bad idea to post this so late...:frown:

In islam good jinns believe in allah. There used to be good jinns in my grandads old old house and they would literally slam doors and band pots and pans until my grandad and whoever was living there prayed their daily prayers or they used to take out all the cutlery onto the floor and once you prayed they'd put it all back. They basically make sure your being a good muslim. But they can possess you. And if they do it doesnt end up good. At all. They feel like they own that specific persons body and then when that person gets a partner or gets married then **** goes down

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds like megalomania.
Reply 52
Original post by markreed
Oh, I haven't spoken to him in about 10 years haha. Wonder what he's doing now :moon:

I guess it isn't cute if he happens to turn on you... Better stay on his good side always haha

That is hilarious. I love unique laughs because they're contagious! :laugh:

I suppose that's one benefit of superstitious parents. Threaten them with a bit of voodoo and a curse or two and you can get away with anything.

That's exactly my point! Lots of people are telling me to just tell him that I don't want to be study buddies/friends anymore, but I am scared of his reaction. One time this guy called him a freak, and he just stared back at him without blinking. It was so scary...he wouldn't even stop even after the guy went back to his seat...eventually that guy ended up leaving forever...

I hope you somehow end up meeting him one day and catch him laughing. You might like him. :wink:

If I tell my mum, she will make me change classes! I love my Japanese teacher even though she is a bit stern, and I have made great friends here. The only problem is, I can't change seats at this point, and no one else is willing to be the "sacrificial goat" by swapping seats with me.

Yeah, I can convince my mom to do anything as long as she believes in something superstitious. One time, I got to take a day off school, because I broke glass and apparently, that's a bad omen according to my mom... :smile:

Also, someone mentioned exorcism and I think, he might be possessed now that I think about it...:eek:
Original post by Mizuz
I don't believe in it. But there is this guy in my Japanese class who I sit next to for most of my lessons. Whenever we have an idle chat, he mentions something related to black magic! This one time he told me that there are curses he knows and has used on some of his classmates.

I ignored this for a while believing that he must be making a fool out of me and that he is nothing more than a normal guy who is probably trying to prank me. One day, my friend claimed that he heard him practicing his laugh in the toilet and that he was speaking weird stuff in a trance like manner while staring at the mirror. Also, I can't count the number of times he has muttered "May a thousand curses befall upon you" under his breath to our teacher for simply picking on him to answer a question.

I don't want to judge him based upon these things. I have never seen his curses at our teacher actually ever work, but I am seriously scared of him. When I speak to him, he stares really eerily back at me and this scares me even more. I do want to be friends with him because he does genuinely help people out, and I do believe he is a nice guy, but his odd behavior is a little worrying.

Please post your opinion on what you would do in this situation. :smile:

Black magic can also mean confidence.
Reply 54
Original post by Tootles
Djinn, in the Qur'an, are fire spirits, created before man. Not ghosts, more like demons. They're the origin of the genie, as a concept. There are similar concepts in old mysicism. The "genie in a bottle," for example, comes originally from the Testament of Solomon, which describes Solomon being given power over demons by using a specially prepared ring to force demons into bottles - originally to keep them from doing harm.

If you want to talk about magic, I'd say I do - to an extent. Specifically, I believe there are things you shouldn't **** with.

Hey, I remember my friend saying something about this prophet in Islam who could communicate with these ghosts...I am guessing this is Solomon?

Trust me, I would never overstep my boundary. I have no interest in provoking humans, let alone beings from the other world...
Original post by Mizuz
That's exactly my point! Lots of people are telling me to just tell him that I don't want to be study buddies/friends anymore, but I am scared of his reaction. One time this guy called him a freak, and he just stared back at him without blinking. It was so scary...he wouldn't even stop even after the guy went back to his seat...eventually that guy ended up leaving forever...

I hope you somehow end up meeting him one day and catch him laughing. You might like him. :wink:

If I tell my mum, she will make me change classes! I love my Japanese teacher even though she is a bit stern, and I have made great friends here. The only problem is, I can't change seats at this point, and no one else is willing to be the "sacrificial goat" by swapping seats with me.

Yeah, I can convince my mom to do anything as long as she believes in something superstitious. One time, I got to take a day off school, because I broke glass and apparently, that's a bad omen according to my mom... :smile:

Also, someone mentioned exorcism and I think, he might be possessed now that I think about it...:eek:

Considering you're not muslim so cant protect yourself from it. I'd suggest just being kind to him at all times, and certainly not to do anything that upsets him. An easy way of getting you seat changed is to have a word with your teacher in private and ask him to change your seat as you dont feel comfortable. He can just do a sudden change in seating plan or just accuse you of being a top kek and switch you with someone else.
Original post by Mizuz
Hey, I remember my friend saying something about this prophet in Islam who could communicate with these ghosts...I am guessing this is Solomon?

Trust me, I would never overstep my boundary. I have no interest in provoking humans, let alone beings from the other world...
I wouldn't know - I'm not Muslim. I've just read a lot of books you can't unread.
Reply 57
Original post by iEthan
I can't say I've ever contacted him!

Oh right... I am guessing a bot wouldn't believe in black magic, would he?
Original post by asmuse123
Black magic can also mean confidence.

uwotm8?
Original post by Mizuz
Oh right... I am guessing a bot wouldn't believe in black magic, would he?

Well :moon: that remains to be seen! :yes:

Latest

Trending

Trending