The Student Room Group

I'm just a depressed 17 year old girl

Let me start of by saying I've never met my crush and don't know him personally. I saw his picture on the "Wall of success" in my high school and to my dismay he already left school studying medicine. Whilst I gravitated toward developing this irrational crush I started stalking him on social media & I found out so much about him, he is 2 years older then me and we are both the same nationality. Prior to this crush I was already planning to study medicine and thought maybe I can 'Chase him' and maybe we can both be working together in a hospital where we both fall in love and (insert a cliche fairytale ending) however he has different political views, hugs many women, (even if they are friends) I'm still jealous. He goes parting 24/7, and even calls girls 'sluts'. I feel like I'm attracted to a monster when I listen to music I daydream and create the most moronic scenes of us being together. He's so goodlooking, like he kind of in a sense looks like Theo James haha however I'm worried if I chase him i could be digging a big hole for myself. What should I do? How can I get over this crush? I regret not knowing him in school whilst I had the chance. I'm so annoying and I can't go back in time. Help I'm so distracted I can't concentrate or be in the moment; I'm just in my own world!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I read the thread title and was like 'wow when did I make this thread'

PM me OP :console:
If you want to talk at length about this
don't try too hard and good looking doesn't mean he is a right person for you.
All this from a picture? Sorry but this is a ridiculous leap, from seeing a picture to true love? Maybe meet him first?
Reply 4
Original post by StrawbAri
I read the thread title and was like 'wow when did I make this thread'

PM me OP :console:
If you want to talk at length about this

Very nice of you
:h:
Reply 5
The things people post when they're bored lol
This was me at the start of Year 12. Stop. Stop. Stop!!! Plezse👬👰
You are so much better than whoever this possible jerk is. If he calls women "sluts" then I really don't think he's worth it. I had a crush just like this and it never worked. I finally realized what an awful awful person he was who made girls especially feel bad about themselves.

I really wish I could've gone back in time to change my own mind and I hope I'm not too late to change yours. Don't be depressed about someone who's absolutely idiotic.

PS on a funnier note: I thought this title could be a Mindy Kaling episode- whom I absolutely adore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Merlin98
All this from a picture? Sorry but this is a ridiculous leap, from seeing a picture to true love? Maybe meet him first?

Yes, it's ridiculous I know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Manny_khalae
This was me at the start of Year 12. Stop. Stop. Stop!!! Plezse👬👰
You are so much better than whoever this possible jerk is. If he calls women "sluts" then I really don't think he's worth it. I had a crush just like this and it never worked. I finally realized what an awful awful person he was who made girls especially feel bad about themselves.

I really wish I could've gone back in time to change my own mind and I hope I'm not too late to change yours. Don't be depressed about someone who's absolutely idiotic.

PS on a funnier note: I thought this title could be a Mindy Kaling episode- whom I absolutely adore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, I'm glad you understand this. I feel a little better :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by RivalPlayer
Do you really like Pokemon?

YESSS!!!!!! Pikachuuuuuu :smile: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pra99
The things people post when they're bored lol

But I have FB/ Twitter to post things when I'm bored...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
If you're depressed because some women hating guy you've never met and like purely based on looks won't get with you, you have issues.
Original post by asdfghjkl12
Let me start of by saying I've never met my crush and don't know him personally. I saw his picture on the "Wall of success" in my high school and to my dismay he already left school studying medicine. Whilst I gravitated toward developing this irrational crush I started stalking him on social media & I found out so much about him, he is 2 years older then me and we are both the same nationality. Prior to this crush I was already planning to study medicine and thought maybe I can 'Chase him' and maybe we can both be working together in a hospital where we both fall in love and (insert a cliche fairytale ending) however he has different political views, hugs many women, (even if they are friends) I'm still jealous. He goes parting 24/7, and even calls girls 'sluts'. I feel like I'm attracted to a monster when I listen to music I daydream and create the most moronic scenes of us being together. He's so goodlooking, like he kind of in a sense looks like Theo James haha however I'm worried if I chase him i could be digging a big hole for myself. What should I do? How can I get over this crush? I regret not knowing him in school whilst I had the chance. I'm so annoying and I can't go back in time. Help I'm so distracted I can't concentrate or be in the moment; I'm just in my own world!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get over it and move on as it won't last. You're not even going out yet and there are things about him you don't like and complaining online about him.
Original post by OpenUniW101Law
Get over it and move on as it won't last. You're not even going out yet and there are things about him you don't like and complaining online about him.

Honestly that is easier said then done. I am trying, I have applied for a part time job so I can get him out of my mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Love at first selfie rip

Find someone else so if you have someone in your life you wouldnt think about him anymore

Take a gap year so you'd have to wait a whole year to decide if you still wanna go after him... kinda like "if you still want it after counting to 100 then we'll buy it" they do to you as a kid :tongue: (also maybe by then you wouldve found someone else anyway :wink: )

Block him or unfollow from all social media accounts, put his pages on parental controls so you cant access them, have a friend keep the password or something for like a month or 2 or however long you need to get over him.

Message him and see what he's really like, maybe when he's an ******* directly to you it will be a turn off.

Das all i could come up with x3
Original post by z33
Love at first selfie rip

Find someone else so if you have someone in your life you wouldnt think about him anymore

Take a gap year so you'd have to wait a whole year to decide if you still wanna go after him... kinda like "if you still want it after counting to 100 then we'll buy it" they do to you as a kid :tongue: (also maybe by then you wouldve found someone else anyway :wink: )

Block him or unfollow from all social media accounts, put his pages on parental controls so you cant access them, have a friend keep the password or something for like a month or 2 or however long you need to get over him.

Message him and see what he's really like, maybe when he's an ******* directly to you it will be a turn off.

Das all i could come up with x3

That's a good idea! I will block him 😝

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doesn't sound healthy
Original post by Merlin98

Tbf I've fallen deeply in love with someone just from seeing them in my school. I then proceeded stalk their social media and fall even deeper in love with them....

XD 4 years later, he still doesn't even know I breath the same oxygen....:redface:

Atleast OP has spoken to this person.

Tbf I'm so over that crush, it was so irrational it is hilarious, then again I was 14 and my hormones were raging...
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Doesn't sound healthy

What would you know, door knob? :colonhash:
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Doesn't sound healthy

It's extremely unhealthy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest