The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology Unit 1 17/05 & Unit 2 23/05 - Official Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hxylxy
I wrote about patent maintenance and how the schools may hold ethnocentric views which could isolate some ethnic minorities causing them to underachieve. And then I talked about the hidden curriculum and correspondence principle from the Marxist view

I wrote about the hidden curriculum I explained what it was etc, how did u explain how it affects achievement ? Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
FAMILY REVISION. There are so many topics, how the hell am I supposed to remember everything , there's too many sociologists and too many points to remember please someone help me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 582
If you find out would you please notify, because i talked about streaming and meritocracy. The question was too vague to be honest.
Original post by vezuxiii
It didn't ask about functions alone, it asked for functional policies which is entirely different to functions

The 10 marker definitely asked for functions alone. They wouldn't ask two social policy questions in a row, racking up 16 marks
Original post by elegantelephant
Yeah, I'm sorry but that's not what it was asking - functions are what the school provides (i.e. things functionalists like, such as social solidarity, meritocracy, role allocation).

I wrote about meritocracy and its flaws (i.e intellectual elitism) and also ethnocentric curriculum. Did I mess up? :-/
Original post by GeorgiaStardust!
I wrote about meritocracy and its flaws (i.e intellectual elitism) and also ethnocentric curriculum. Did I mess up? :-/

Meritocracy is right (did you link it to Parsons?) but I'm not sure about the ethnocentric curriculum
Original post by xxvine
I thought it would be nice to start a thread on anybody doing these exams...as I can't see any thread for the AS Units!!!!

Does anyone have a prediction for the grade boundaries? I know it's a new spec but does anyone have a rough idea? Thanks hope it went well for you all
Original post by Ruqayah_x
Unfortunately, I don't think that is correct. When it asked for functions I think it was talking about the different perspectives :frown:
I also made this mistake

I did that as well the question wasn't written that well don't worry
Original post by Ell_watson
I wrote about the hidden curriculum I explained what it was etc, how did u explain how it affects achievement ? Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

The hidden curriculum linked with the Marxist approach and so I said that it is a way for which students especially those from working class can be produced to become obedient workers eg. Coming to school on time= being in time for work,. My teacher had said that during the stress of the exam most people are most likely to outline and define their point with an eg linked with school. But you have to remember to always link it back to the question. Why is the hidden curriculum a function in sch to underachievement etc?. Me giving 'punctuality' and a way in which it contributes isn't an explanation but an example. You were more likely to get full marks if u actually explained how it links.
Does anyone have an idea of the grade boundaries for the new spec exam
Original post by Ell_watson
FAMILY REVISION. There are so many topics, how the hell am I supposed to remember everything , there's too many sociologists and too many points to remember please someone help me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just don't stress, and try and get your MAIN theory learnt, if you know nothing don't panic about learning the smaller theorists who are just used to evaluate.

Also find a way that will help you revise and stick to it, whether that be revision cards or mind maps.

Hope it helps!
Original post by olivia.pope
I wrote about introduction of Coursework, introduction of a National Cirrculum and Equal Pay Act. Which I hope is correct??

But everyone's saying it has nothing to do with girls achievements
Original post by Chloeexoxo
Does anyone have a prediction for the grade boundaries? I know it's a new spec but does anyone have a rough idea? Thanks hope it went well for you all

Usually 42 for an a in ecah paper
Original post by sail999
Usually 42 for an a in ecah paper

Thank you!
Reply 594
Any predictions for old spec education????
Theres so much for family 😭
Original post by Rachypoox
Theres so much for family 😭

Any predictions?? I only know couples and there's so much more
Im doing methods atm ahhhh
Original post by Rachypoox
Im doing methods atm ahhhh

I find childhood so hard to remember any tips??
was anyone else expecting a much more difficult education paper???? given me lots of hope for the family paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending