The Student Room Group

Will university accept me

1. My predicted and actual grades are all E's but my personal statement and reference is really really really good but will universities accept me even if their entry requirements are ABB. The reason I got **** grades was cuzz I got lazy and the only time I revised was the night before. Biggest mistake of my life. I learnt my lesson. I know and in fact certain I can get AAB or ABB for my A2 2017 but obviously universities wouldn't know that cuzz the universities I want to go to don't do interviews. So will they accept me? Will ANY universities accept me???

2. If they all reject me but for my A2 results day next year, I get all AAA or ABB, can I ring them up and say "Look I've got the grades so can you......" Something along those lines. Will they still accept me? Or will there be no spaces left as they've already sorted out who's coming and who won't be coming to their uni cuzz they decide around May time I think? And I get my results in August.
Reply 1
Original post by PowerPuffGirlz
1. My predicted and actual grades are all E's but my personal statement and reference is really really really good but will universities accept me even if their entry requirements are ABB. The reason I got **** grades was cuzz I got lazy and the only time I revised was the night before. Biggest mistake of my life. I learnt my lesson. I know and in fact certain I can get AAB or ABB for my A2 2017 but obviously universities wouldn't know that cuzz the universities I want to go to don't do interviews. So will they accept me? Will ANY universities accept me???

2. If they all reject me but for my A2 results day next year, I get all AAA or ABB, can I ring them up and say "Look I've got the grades so can you......" Something along those lines. Will they still accept me? Or will there be no spaces left as they've already sorted out who's coming and who won't be coming to their uni cuzz they decide around May time I think? And I get my results in August.

1. probably not, but you never know. Particularly if your reference is good.
2. that's what Clearing/Adjustment is for.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15539-Changing-university-via-adjustment-what-you-need-to-know
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/adjustment-–-if-you’ve-done-better-expected
Reply 2
Just add, more people go through Clearing than end up at their Insurance.
Original post by PowerPuffGirlz

They MIGHT give you an offer (though unless you have a decent excuse they might question the large gap between your AS and predicted A2 grades), but if you get EEE or whatever at A2 they won't accept you. You could, however, go through Adjustment on Results Day.

Original post by jneill
Just add, more people go through Clearing than end up at their Insurance.

This broke my heart :'(
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by emiloujess
You could, however, go through Adjustment on Results Day.

This broke my heart.

Clearing perhaps, yes, but Adjustment is only if you exceed your Offer.

And my comment about Clearing and Insurance is more a reflection that the vast majority go to their Firm (even if they slightly miss their offer).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
Clearing perhaps, yes, but Adjustment is only if you exceed your Offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just re-read it :/ If they all reject OP and OP has no offers then clearing, if OP applies to a 'lower' uni and then gets AAB etc, then Adjustment.

(I did know that, just too tired)
Reply 6
I am out of the loop, but don't your AS grades count towards your A2 grades? Will you need to resit in order to get those top grades?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending