The Student Room Group

Chemistry edexcel core paper 2016

SO i just sat my biology edexcel core paper, and now I'm feeling pretty worried about the chemistry paper on Thursday - does anyone have any ideas or feelings on what will be in the paper?
Reply 1
Original post by helprevision
SO i just sat my biology edexcel core paper, and now I'm feeling pretty worried about the chemistry paper on Thursday - does anyone have any ideas or feelings on what will be in the paper?

Industrial processes and chemical tests always come up, so I'd say revise those, then also generally know organic chemistry, and bonding. I doubt there'll be a lot on faradays but there will probably be stuff on mole calculations

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2

Industrial processes and chemical tests always come up, so I'd revise those, also mole calculations and organic chemistry will probably be in there. You need to be able to label equipment. I doubt faradays will be in it a lot, but might be worth looking over them.

How did you find the bio?? Good luck on Thursday. I'll be sitting it at the same time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Simonovs
Industrial processes and chemical tests always come up, so I'd revise those, also mole calculations and organic chemistry will probably be in there. You need to be able to label equipment. I doubt faradays will be in it a lot, but might be worth looking over them.

How did you find the bio?? Good luck on Thursday. I'll be sitting it at the same time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah yes, i was looking at last years paper and found alloying was common in it, so i doubt there will much of that in our paper annoyingly. I found the bio quite hard, as i had only learnt the nitrogen cycle literally an hour before the exam. The malaria question was quite hard, and i certainly think i didn't get 6 marks on the natural selection question. How about you? And good luck too!!
Reply 4
ah yes, i was looking at last years paper and found alloying was common in it, so i doubt there will much of that in our paper annoyingly. I found the bio quite hard, as i had only learnt the nitrogen cycle literally an hour before the exam. The malaria question was quite hard, and i certainly think i didn't get 6 marks on the natural selection question. How about you? And good luck too!!

I found the menstrual cycle quite hard, and the greenhouse gases hard as well, especially as both questions were really long. Also I was told that micropropagation would not be in the double paper, so I was lucky I knew that bit as I hadn't revised it.

However, for the natural selection my teacher told me a trick that guarantees full marks, so I think I managed that one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Simonovs
I found the menstrual cycle quite hard, and the greenhouse gases hard as well, especially as both questions were really long. Also I was told that micropropagation would not be in the double paper, so I was lucky I knew that bit as I hadn't revised it.

However, for the natural selection my teacher told me a trick that guarantees full marks, so I think I managed that one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh i think we must of sat different papers then! did you sit the iGCSEs one?
Reply 6
Yeah, I think so

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
oh i think we must of sat different papers then! did you sit the iGCSEs one?

Yeah, just checked, I did do IGCSE

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest