The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bluebookie
HECK TO THE NO, i mispelt lichen T__T
not sure what happened there
Was I the only one who put Zebra Fish for the indicator species?
It's from a past paper however, I think it was Genetically Modified... Probably actually a made up fish.
Please be more of us! I want to start a Zebra Fish colony. Haha
Original post by Basit2010
that was one of the easiest papers i've ever sat. my whole school finished so early. some even left half way through cos they finished early !!

That isn't allowed
Original post by hguin
Lets create the unofficial mark scheme for today's biology paper, please help by commenting in this format: [Question number - Question - Answer - marks given].

Please continue to submit answers!

Unofficial markscheme

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=64879273&postcount=317

for question 29, i'm sure to get the final mark u have to say ' in the early stages of development '.
Original post by sowmi1999
heyy, are you sure its Lichens? Apparently they asked for an animal..im not sure

I don't remember it asking for animal specifically.. Probably because I did that question in the last minute. :tongue:
But if it was asking for animals, probably the mayfly larvae - used to detect levels of water pollution.
Original post by Shrenade514
I put that as well, but apparently the question specified about a living indicator that was an animal - meaning bloodworms or another living animal indicator...

Apparently so. I don't remember reading that part.. You'd probably would have had to put something like mayfly larvae - used to detect changes in water pollution levels
Original post by habeeb_00
Independent company would be unaffiliated with the drug company

Legal, recreational

Boys drink more beer, lager, cider than girls, girls drink more of everything else

It's too small a sample size

Fat - store of energy and warmth
Carbs/sugars - used for energy through respiration
Proteins - growth, repair of cells, replacement of old ones
Fibre - used to aid digestion

Skin is sense organ for spinal cord

80/50 = 1.6 for neurone speed

That's jumbled up - what did ya get for the horses one

4 toe bones > 1 long and thicker hoof.
thinner and smaller ankle + foot bone > taller, higher up and thicker

(few more)
literally the variation question was.

< variation through mutation when the mud dried in few of the horses,
< this variation caused competition between the "original horse (forgot name ;d)" and the new varied offspring
< survival of the fittest, the ones who had this variation were able to survive and the ones who did not have this variation would be killed, eaten ect. (many reasons)
<the ones who could successfully breed would pass their genes (the varied gene) down to its offspring, (if you have a 5 mark question for this say that a new sub-species is created.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Basit2010
mate don't be mad that you are intellectually inept.. You should have revised harder rather than cramming the night before.

idiot...

just look at ur profile picture
Reply 1409
Original post by habeeb_00
I got 0.666 whoops for the malaria one

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, i got the same.
Reply 1410
0.67%
You can make an official complaint to aqa tel; 0800 1977162 speak to customer services and ask them to email confirmation back to you. They are investing this paper and the more complaints
the more they will have to do sort this mess out ! Get dialling
0.67%
Do you think they will accept: the sun makes the snails' shells get lighter instead of the camouflage in the woodland?
And do you think that if I wrote an independent company is one that doesnt rely on anything else to function, would that be right?
Thanks
What do you think you'll get?
Original post by aliceharmer15
Do you think they will accept: the sun makes the snails' shells get lighter instead of the camouflage in the woodland?
And do you think that if I wrote an independent company is one that doesnt rely on anything else to function, would that be right?
Thanks

I wrote this shell colour keeps predators away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Haashym
The indicator species answer was lichens and the environmental factor was air pollution

GM Mosquito - enzymes used to take out gene (first mark) the gene is transferred to the mosquito (second mark) at an early stage of development (third mark)

Scatter graph used to show the negative correlation

Are you sure it didn't say indicator animal? I put lichen, but some people told me it had to be an animal.
Original post by BhaktiPate1
That was the most hardest Biology exam I'd ever doneeee!!!!

I don't think that it was Hard but I think that it was more overly wordy and confusing... that and the fact that it wasn't even biology related for most of the exam :frown:
Original post by Rhyannon_Hughes1
I don't think that it was Hard but I think that it was more overly wordy and confusing... that and the fact that it wasn't even biology related for most of the exam :frown:

You know for the alcoholic girls and boys question.

I wrote girls consumed more alcohol than boys.. Because i counted them up is that still right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JakeMcLellan
Was I the only one who put Zebra Fish for the indicator species?
It's from a past paper however, I think it was Genetically Modified... Probably actually a made up fish.
Please be more of us! I want to start a Zebra Fish colony. Haha

I wrote about Zebra Fish too, from June 2012! It's the only thing I could remember xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending