The Student Room Group

Core 1 Edexcel

People how did it go!!! I think i got like 40 marks :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think I got 60 approximately, maybe 63/64 with luck if my workings can get 1 or 2 marks... I used a instead of 2a on the sum of arithmetic series question and I don't think there's any follow through marks for that, so 5 marks lost instantly... :'(

The question with the quadratic with the constant 'p' was an absolute mess, I ended up with 4p^2
Reply 2
I think this paper was absolutely brutal, up to Q6 it was easy but after that No idea what happened. Really disappointed
Reply 3
Idk about that exam I answered everything but got some really top heavy fractions, and was quite unsure about how plausible they looked
So EASY!
Reply 5
Omg I almost missed out the 2nd question, and I dunno if I did well.... :/
How old was John on the last question? I found 27 years but not sure, it was a f******g hard paper
I got so many fractions that I gave up.
My hands were shaking the whole time and I just couldn't think. Suffice to say, I've missed the A grade
Think I got above 60, just don't know what sort of A :smile:
Hope everyone found it okay :smile:
Original post by vickt_1998
So EASY!

I cry :frown:
k = 41/8 .... Why not just 5, thanks for being difficult
Glad i wasnt the only one who found it challenging hopefully the grade boundaries will be a bit lower :L
Reply 12
I maybe lost 12-15 marks, I ran out of time! So I rushed the last 3 Questions, I think next exam I need to start with the hardest, because at the end if I don't have time, I can do the easy ones quick.

Did anyone of you get 17/2 somewhere? I don't remember the question, but I think the gradient was = 17/2 or something.
Original post by Oscarchow
How old was John on the last question? I found 27 years but not sure, it was a f******g hard paper

yeah n=18 so 27 year old but whos uncle gives a 27 year old birthday money
Reply 14
Original post by Namita Gurung
I got so many fractions that I gave up.
My hands were shaking the whole time and I just couldn't think. Suffice to say, I've missed the A grade

Same with me, I got fractions too. I tried rechecking and still got fractions :/
Reply 15
See if I had an Uncle like John I would be able to afford a Maths tutor and do well in C1, right now quadrilaterals are me least favourite shape.:angry::frown:
How to square root a huge fraction?????
Original post by kk5
Same with me, I got fractions too. I tried rechecking and still got fractions :/

Swear Edexcel had nicer numbers in the past papers.
It's always our year :colonhash:
Reply 18
Original post by Reda2
I maybe lost 12-15 marks, I ran out of time! So I rushed the last 3 Questions, I think next exam I need to start with the hardest, because at the end if I don't have time, I can do the easy ones quick.

Did anyone of you get 17/2 somewhere? I don't remember the question, but I think the gradient was = 17/2 or something.

Yep I got 17/2 as gradient too
Reply 19
if youre refering to 41/8, i heard a lot of my mates say that

Quick Reply

Latest