The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Maths Core 1 - 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion]

Just under a week to go... How's everyone doing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good
Reply 2
I got 95% above last year in all my core 1 mocks then got a D in the exam so have to retake this year - no idea how to prepare for how hard last year's paper was!
I have done all the past papers, do you think it is wise to start the Solomon papers or not ?
Reply 4
Original post by nihil_nimis
I have done all the past papers, do you think it is wise to start the Solomon papers or not ?

A bit late for soloman. They tend to have 'weird' and harder questions, so even though they are good practice, there is no point making yourself worry so close to the exam if you struggle with them.
Hey guys, how was the exam? I failed.
Reply 6
How did you guys find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found it alright but struggled on the question where it asked for CT and gave you AT
Reply 8
Jking
Seriously that was a hard paper
what did you lot get for the integration "shaded area" bit? I got something stupid low. like 1.75 I think it was
Not too good, messed up the integration and part b of the surd one :frown:
I got 11.25
I also got 11.25 as the area and surd was 75-32 root5 i think
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
I bet everyone got so many different answers to the integration question. It was the toughest question on the paper by far. I got 15.75 for shaded area. 😬
Reply 14
I struggled with the first parts of 6 :frown: rest was okay though!
Original post by WhiteTigerKURD
I found it alright but struggled on the question where it asked for CT and gave you AT

That was easy it was 9
(edited 7 years ago)
I got 17/4 for integration and the shaded area as 24*1/2*2.25 - 17/4=91/4 which would be:

22.75 so i don't know :tongue:
I got 11.25 for the integration.
AT = 9.
Anybody find anything else difficult?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(3root5)^2 is 45 right? My mind went so blank 😂
Original post by KittyKat97x
(3root5)^2 is 45 right? My mind went so blank 😂

YES!! finally someone else agrees

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending