The Student Room Group

[Official Thread] OCR MEI AS Mathematics 2016 (C1, C2 & S1)

Scroll to see replies

last answer was k<-7.5 right? and what about the second to last question was stuck on that for ages, I ended up getting 3-+root21/2 or something for x but couldn't figure out how to get y
Original post by Nik12
was quite a good paper. I got the last question wrong for some reason i put k < 3/2 not sure why... Though most of the equations ended up using the formula for finding out x and y which was annoying, but it worked out fine.for section B the radius was 5 right? and the 7 marker on finding the roots did you guys get x = 1 and some weird surd?

For the tangent question all you had to do was find both gradients and when you multiply them it equals -1 which shows they are both perpendicular hence being at a right angle.

i got 3/2 as well... how did people get 15/2??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Does anyone have any idea how many marks would be lost if I put k<15/2 instead of k<-15/2.
Reply 83
Original post by HarryPratlett
I got it to be a number + a single root of something.

Ahah I got 26+13root3 all over 7...
(edited 7 years ago)
for the surd question I got (26+13root3)/3 which cancelled down 2+root3 but I think i may have have messed up since it wanted it in the form c+d+surd or whatever it was
oh yeh the answer to question 1 is....1 I bet they do that on purpose lol
Original post by Chloebreenb
Ahah I got 26+13root3 all over 2...

I got 26 + 13 root3 over 13 which gave me 2 + root 3
For the remainder theorem question did anyone get b=-2 c=7
Reply 88
Original post by 14307
Nah, just show that the two lines were perpendicular by showing that the gradients multiplied to -1. Also I wrote that they intersected at B to fortify my point.

oh right that seems like a much easier way, i hope i still get the marks :frown:
Original post by HarryPratlett
I got 26 + 13 root3 over 13 which gave me 2 + root 3

Thats what i got too but it wanted an integer in front of the root 3
Reply 90
Original post by ionic285
For the remainder theorem question did anyone get b=-2 c=7

Not 100%sure, But if you checked by substituting in the values it gave you, you should get the right remainders.
Thats what i got too but it wanted an integer in front of the root 3

I put 2 + 1(root 3) ??
for the remainder theorom one

was it a = 2

c = -7

?
Reply 93
I got the tangent at A all wrong, I used -1/2 as the gradient instead of working out the other gradient. Also for the re-arranging the formula I made it c= instead of a=. For the k question, it was -60/8 so -7.5 but like an idiot I did -4*-3k instead of just -4*-3k so I ended up with -60/24. Hopefully I still get lots of method marks
Reply 94
for the surd question I got (26+13root3)/3 which cancelled down 2+root3 but I think i may have have messed up since it wanted it in the form c+d+surd or whatever it was

It still works, it just means d = 1
for the cirlce, was the centre 5,3 ? or 3,5 ... can't remember

and radius was 5 right
Got wrong final answer to the last question but still used the discriminant, how many marks will i lose? 1?
For the one where you had to translate the graph, you shifted it 3 units to the right parallel to the x axis right

for the coodinates of intersection did you put (2, 0.21) or something
The one where you had to find the coordinates of intersection ( the first part) I got 3 different coordinates

something like (-5.8, -0.2) is one I can remember or something...
By how hard i got ****ed by that exam, i need to rub vasaline on my *******

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending