The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Maths Core 1 - 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ella-1997
I got this but didn't have time to write it in the order they asked, do you think ill lose marks?

probably not, as long as it is written somewhere clearly :smile:
What equation did everyone get for the discriminant to work out k??
Original post by Calzs34
Could anyone explain how they got 11.25??

I got 27 - 4.25=22.75 ? Was my first bit wrong ?

integral was 20.25
triangle PQ was 9 ((24 x 3/4)/2 = 9)

So area is 11.25
Original post by marcelux
what question?

the equation for the tangent
Reply 44
what question was the integration one and what did it ask?
integral was 20.25
triangle PQ was 9 ((24 x 3/4)/2 = 9)

So area is 11.25

Ugh, i obviously did -8 instead of +8. And I didnt know how to work out the triangle. Would I lose 2 marks and get 3/5 here?

And as I attempted to find the area by doing my area - my integral would I get 1/3 or 0/3?

I'm hoping I haven't lost marks anywhere else :/.
(edited 7 years ago)
For the coordinates of Q, I don't think I wrote (-5/4,0) I just wrote -5/4 - did you have to give the full coordinate? It was obvious that y was 0 :/
Reply 47
i believe b(-3,4)

integration = 20.25
Q = (-5/4 , 0)
Cant remember my P line
Area = 20.25-9 = 11.25

I think i got the coordinates of B correct...

I got Q(-7/4,0)
for the tangent, it was y=-40x-56, although I'm not sure if its correct or not.
Which leads to the area under the graph = 13.05 units^2... my integration was 20.25 too
i believe b(-3,4)

integration = 20.25
Q = (-5/4 , 0)
Cant remember my P line
Area = 20.25-9 = 11.25

I got p as y=-32x -40 not sure if it's right though. ****ed that paper up big time.
i thought the circle question was solid
Reply 50
I didn't find it too bad, but I'd be surprised if the grade boundaries weren't a little lower than usual. All the numbers were bigger! D: (45 x 7 I mean srsly that's what calculators are for)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 51
When will the question paper for C1 be released? Anyone?
Original post by Jjohnson919
I got p as y=-32x -40 not sure if it's right though. ****ed that paper up big time.

Yeah i recall the line as y = -32x+40 that then leads to x = -5/4

And regarding another question about Q, the answer doesnt have to be (-5/4,0), as it only asks for x anyway so -5/4 is fine.
Reply 53
Original post by TIF141
I didn't find it too bad, but I'd be surprised if the grade boundaries weren't a little lower than usual. All the numbers were bigger! D: XD (45 x 7 I mean srsly that's what calculators are for)

I thought so too! There were lots of big numbers, and also some fractions, which is irritating :frown:
Reply 54
I didn't get that for b coordinate, I got something with -7 because c was the midpoint🙈🙈
My whole class found that paper really hard. We literally spent the rest of the lesson we had left discussing the paper. Feeling alright but I've messed up question 11
Reply 56
I got the triangle as 36 as the coordinates of P were (-2,24) and R which was on the X axis was (1,0) therefore I got 24/2 x 3 = 36.

Then triangle (36) - under curve (20.25) = shaded (15.75). Of course I'm now bricking it as the majority are saying 11.25 😰
Original post by musslih
When will the question paper for C1 be released? Anyone?

Next year during 1st week of May
Original post by Jjohnson919

Yeah thats right, from that u got the x co-ord as -5/4 good job:smile:
Reply 59
Original post by Sguest16
I didn't get that for b coordinate, I got something with -7 because c was the midpoint🙈🙈

Yes! the x-coordinate should be 12, resulting in B(12,-7)!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending