The Student Room Group

Maths Ocr 2016 C1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by duncant
i got y=2x-20 and y=2x+10 for tangents of circles

yes bruv u knowwww bout dat
Original post by AlfieH
I got 2^-6 but was worrying cos all I remember from the exam is 2^5 divided by 2^7 which gives ¼ so there must've been something else I can't remember.

Mathematically speaking should be a 2^-4...

You're right that it would be 1/4, but the whole thing was ^3, and 4^3 is the same as (2^2)^3, and indice rules say that you multiply the 2 and the 3, hence the 6. So pretty sure it would end up as 2^-6
That was impossible!!!!
Reply 83
Does anybody remember the question to do with points A and B? It was y=2x^2 and A was h and B was h+5... that's all I remember. There was a proof question to prove the gradient was something?
Original post by Balrajan singh
That was impossible!!!!

Couldn't put it myself :biggrin:. Being getting full marks all year now i just want a C overall, definetely need to step up my game for c2 and s1.
Meant to get an A in further maths and I can't even pass C1, mint 👍🏽
i got this too but i didnt put r>0 !! do you think this was necessary since it is a length after all :frown:
Original post by Balrajan singh
That was impossible!!!!

Couldn't put it myself :biggrin:. Been getting full marks all year now i just want a C overall, definetely need to step up my game for c2 and s1.
Original post by AlfieH
Does anybody remember the question to do with points A and B? It was y=2x^2 and A was h and B was h+5... that's all I remember. There was a proof question to prove the gradient was something?

Yeah, prove the gradient was 20-h I think?

You had to find y co-ordinates from the equation, A was (5,50) can't remember what B was, then do y1-y2/x1-x2 to get it.
How does OCR decide what grade boundaries will be like?
Any predictions for this years grade boundaries?
I recon i lost about 15-16 marks, and I need an A so badly!!! :s-smilie:
Reply 90
does anyone know how much q8 and 10 were out of
Original post by annabannana111
i got this too but i didnt put r>0 !! do you think this was necessary since it is a length after all :frown:

yeah i forgot to put r>0 too...
Reply 92
Original post by julesaquilina
I got k is less than -2 and greater than 5? And many others got that as well

I got this one
Reply 93
Original post by liziepie
Yeah, prove the gradient was 20-h I think?

You had to find y co-ordinates from the equation, A was (5,50) can't remember what B was, then do y1-y2/x1-x2 to get it.

I think I remember now wasn't it prove the gradient was 4h+10 ?

I did it different by finding the midpoint AB, then plugging that into the dy/dx of 2x^2 which then gave me 4x therefore 4(h+2.5h) which still gave me 4h+10..

Reckon I'll still get the 3 marks?
Reply 94
Can someone make an online Google document thing so we can all input our answers to make the mock MS
Reply 95
Can anybody remember the wording of question 10iv which was talking about finding the other tangent? I can't see why it was 2x+10
Reply 96
Original post by AlfieH

The line equation was y=2x^2, then the x-coordinate of A=5 and the x-coordinate of B=5+h and you had to prove the gradient was 20+2h.

I think you had to find the midpoint of the x-coordinates and then put that into the dy/dx of the equation.
Reply 97
Original post by KevinGu123456789
For the question about the circle being wholly inside the other, did anyone else get 0<r<√45 - 5?
Most people got 0<r<2, but I thought that this may not be right

0<r !!
This one is really tricky
Original post by AlfieH
Can anybody remember the wording of question 10iv which was talking about finding the other tangent? I can't see why it was 2x+10

other tangent to circel parallel to tanget at A, find eq of other tangent
Original post by AlfieH

What did u get liark? Get coordinates of (10,0) for A aye?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending