63 ---> 80 UMS (A)
56 ---> 70 UMS (B)
50 ---> 60 UMS (C)

TeeEM

I Lie to you not, that paper was hard

I got a strong A dropped 2/3 marks, but stiII think that paper was insane
Reply 21
60/75 please be an 'A' grade...
this was meant to be the module where i got most of my marks to bump up my grade bc of how badly i suck at m1... wth do i do now
Original post by Ives888
You know when you think you're really good at something and then someone decides to ask you completely irrelevant stuff about it? That was C1.

I usually get high 60s/low 70s, but that paper was absolutely vile and probably the worst one I've ever done.

How on earth do they get away with putting stuff in that isn't even in the textbook or on the specification?

Who's fault is this? Michael Gove and Nicky Morgan's. DOWN WITH THE TORIES!

So many answers are in fractions and we don't have a calculator :frown: grade boundaries between be low
Original post by Ives888
You know when you think you're really good at something and then someone decides to ask you completely irrelevant stuff about it? That was C1.

I usually get high 60s/low 70s, but that paper was absolutely vile and probably the worst one I've ever done.

How on earth do they get away with putting stuff in that isn't even in the textbook or on the specification?

Who's fault is this? Michael Gove and Nicky Morgan's. DOWN WITH THE TORIES!

There was nothing on the exam that was not on the specification. Don't blame the exam board or the government lol
bull **** paper
Original post by TeeEm
How did you find this year's C1
EDEXCEL only

This is last year's poll on C1

C1 POLL.JPG

these were the actual boundaries of last year's exam
75 full UMS
69 ---> 90 UMS
63 ---> 80 UMS (A)
56 ---> 70 UMS (B)
50 ---> 60 UMS (C)

i can most certainly say that this years paper was definitely more difficult... 2015 C1 i practised and got 70/75
but this years paper phew, that was quite a handful xD

In any case you're back :biggrin:
Original post by zandneger
What did people get for the y value in the last question. It's the only place I think I've dropped a mark. I got 19/2

I got that too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can we resit this paper next year?? I hear the spec is changing. Anyone know
Reply 29
If June 2011 was 72/75 for 100UMS... maybe we have hope.
I did C1 Last year and it felt like pure evil, I feel for you who did it this year
Reply 31
Original post by Toby-keith
I think I've got 73/75, got the last part of question one wrong, so pissed off with myself. I did this as a resit, anyone planning clearing??:afraid:

Are you a ****ing ****? You're complaining because you lost 2 marks when everyone is doubting an A
73/75.
I thought the fractions were a bit unusual, but it just meant the paper took longer.
It was not hard, just not a normal core one paper you would finish in 20 minutes. Had to be careful, the questions themselves though were fairly easy.

I think the grade boundaries will be 60 for an A (standard) and full UMS at 75. Many people would get full marks.
Original post by TeeEm
How did you find this year's C1
EDEXCEL only

This is last year's poll on C1

C1 POLL.JPG

these were the actual boundaries of last year's exam
75 full UMS
69 ---> 90 UMS
63 ---> 80 UMS (A)
56 ---> 70 UMS (B)
50 ---> 60 UMS (C)

C1 is supposed to be the easiest AS Core Module, yet i find it way harder than C2. Usually end up with 80% in C1 (Most likely lower, was a horrible exam) and 95 to 100% in C2?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34
70+/75, gutted I wrote 5 instead of 500 on sequences & the area question was just plain bizarre, thought it was two right angled triangles but apparently not.
Original post by beta_tester
if people hate c1 fractions you're gonna enioy C4 FP2 FP3 :smile:

you get a calculator tho lol
Original post by jacobfrosst
you get a calculator tho lol

It's not really much use.
Original post by (URIAH)
Can we resit this paper next year?? I hear the spec is changing. Anyone know

Yes you can.
Reply 38
Original post by Toby-keith
I think I've got 73/75, got the last part of question one wrong, so pissed off with myself. I did this as a resit, anyone planning clearing??:afraid:

I reakon i got 72/75 lost 2 silly marks on sum to 100 and question before by adding 1 instead of 3, and then got n as 18 but forgot to put his birthday down :/
Original post by Banagha
60/75 please be an 'A' grade...

Hopefully it's 58:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending