The Student Room Group

Why can't overweight women wear crop tops without being called?

How come women can't wear crop tops when they are a little overweight without getting called yet Ive just walking past 2 middle aged overweight men who were sat on a bench naked from the waist up. You see it with football fans too if a group of fat women took their tops off people watching to would think 'bloody hell' yet nothing is said about overweight shirtless men. Or am I wrong, do overweight men get slated as much as women?
Reply 1
both are equally disturbing imo
Reply 2
To be honest it's because females judge other females, they're more likely in my opinion to comment on an overweight woman wearing a crop top than a man. It's because women are so critical of other women that it seems acceptable to make such comments. You don't really hear guys going around commenting on other guys' belly's when they're top's off, they may do it for banter but for them it's just normal, a woman might be disgusted by the sight but they're less likely to actually say anything because their dads/brothers do it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Why can't men wear skirts without being called? It's the same reason
What are people calling them?
Original post by aarora
To be honest it's because females judge other females, they're more likely in my opinion to comment on an overweight woman wearing a crop top than a man. It's because women are so critical of other women that it seems acceptable to make such comments. You don't really hear guys going around commenting on other guys' belly's when they're top's off, they may do it for banter but for them it's just normal, a woman might be disgusted by the sight but they're less likely to actually say anything because they're dads/brothers do it.

Absolutely this
Reply 6
Original post by indigofox
How come women can't wear crop tops when they are a little overweight without getting called yet Ive just walking past 2 middle aged overweight men who were sat on a bench naked from the waist up. You see it with football fans too if a group of fat women took their tops off people watching to would think 'bloody hell' yet nothing is said about overweight shirtless men. Or am I wrong, do overweight men get slated as much as women?
It's not something I want to see in either gender.

Heh. I used to ******* my IT teacher in secondary school about that. There I am, thirteen years old, my IT teacher is some fat gimboid with her belly always hanging out. There were definitely times when she started on at me about something or other and I cut her off shouting 'for Christ's sake, put a ****ing top on.'
Reply 7
Original post by WoodyMKC
What are people calling them?

because there was something strange in their neighbourhood
and it was something weird and didn't look good
Original post by z33
because there was something strange in their neighbourhood
and it was something weird and didn't look good

Who you gonna call? Overweight female crop top wearers!!!

Doesn't quite have the same ring...
Reply 9
Original post by WoodyMKC
Who you gonna call? Overweight female crop top wearers!!!

Doesn't quite have the same ring...

Yeah working on that one :hmmm: ... it's only the alpha version tho! :tongue:
they look disgusting. and why do men get judged on their bodies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending