The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions.

I thought it was a reasonable paper, expect standard boundaries.

Some of the fractions were a little odd. I think 8a will cause a lot of problems.

I would guess at 62-63 for an A and 55-56 for a B.

Hi arsey, for 10c i left my answer as 326/6 would that still get me full marks?
Reply 41
Original post by Namita Gurung
The annoying thing is that looking back at this paper, it looks alright.

Ikr.

There's honestly something wrong with me. )':
Reply 43
Original post by svrabxivb
would I lose a mark for not simplifying 326/6 to 163/3? (lazy I know)

i did the same thing, i doubt it its the same answer
Reply 44
Original post by boyyo
Hi arsey, for 10c i left my answer as 326/6 would that still get me full marks?

yes the question did not specify that you should simplify your answer
is a C always 50 raw marks?
Reply 46
Original post by rumana101

Nope
@Arsey for question 10B would they allow 220/15 for y coordinate I didn't simplify it?
Original post by rumana101

In 2014 and 2015 50 raw marks was a C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ozziew

Nope

if i got 58/75 what ums would i get?
How many marks would i lose for in 11 b i wrote 6x instead of 6x2. This then caused me to get a wrong k value and so next 2 answers wrong( is it error carried forward)
For question 11 I got k as -41/4 raher than 41/8 as I forgot to times the 4 by (-2) !!
Question C and D consequently were wrong (2 marks each) but they were right in refernce to my k.
Will I drop all the marks for these two parts or get half marks or do they accept carry through marks as they are seperate question?:frown:
please help meeeeee
Original post by mooshyman
How many marks would i lose for in 11 b i wrote 6x instead of 6x2. This then caused me to get a wrong k value and so next 2 answers wrong( is it error carried forward)

Thats pretty much exactly what I did. I am hoping that i can still achieve full marks for c and d as y answers were correct for my k but i do not know. im trying to look on past papers and see if something similar is mentioned
Reply 53
Should 6c be 499? Because it tells you a1 is 4.
So it should be 4 + 99x5 = 499
Reply 54
Hi, on the second to last question I tried to minus the small triangle from the large one. I calculated the size of the large triangle correctly but the small one incorrectly so when I took it away from the large one, I received an answer of 154/3. Is there any chance that I've still scraped a mark or two or no?
Reply 55
Original post by holliecarter101
if i got 58/75 what ums would i get?

No one can know that for certain until a few days before results day I'm afraid, at my guess you'll get a mid B though since a lot of people found the paper tricky. But that is only using the tsr poll.
Reply 56
Original post by Omarakis
Should 6c be 499? Because it tells you a1 is 4.
So it should be 4 + 99x5 = 499

It's 100(ar+1 + k.ar)
Which is 100(5-k.ar)+100(k.ar)

And so the k.ar's both cancel, leaving you with 500. At least, that's how I did it.
for the sequences question if i forgot to include the 10th year in my working out (which means i got the n value wrong) do i still get method marks?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by lowqddwq
Hey guys, For the area question I split it up into 2 triangles.I got up to (root 70244)/2 - area of triangle PQR and 44/3 for area of triangle OPR added them together.How many marks would i get out of 5 would you think?

this
In Q7, would i lose a mark for writing 6/2x^-2/3 instead of 2x^-2/3? It was a differentiation question and said to leave dy/dx in its simplified form

Latest

Trending

Trending