The Student Room Group

[Official Thread] OCR MEI AS Mathematics 2016 (C1, C2 & S1)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Olivia197
Oh no- try not to worry too much- you are probably just worrying and overthinking everything. I am sure you did fine!

You could still get an A if your average across the three modules is above 80%.
Original post by DrKillerX
The question answer booklet has its last question space on its back cover.
You might not get any marks for misplaced answer. Since it could be mark by different examiners.

****...now I am worried. Knowing me I probably did write on the back, but a part of me is still a bit paranoid.
I may be mistaken but I think the answer to either Q3(ii) or Q6(ii) on the unofficial mark scheme may be incorrect as they are both down as 2+√3...I can't remember what it's supposed to be though, sorry!
How many marks do think I'll for the last K question, if I made the two equations equal to each other and correctly rearranged everything to get it in the right form to put it inside the b^2-4ac and then I put it into the equation correctly but made it = to 0 instead of < 0? and then did nothing else correct after that?
Original post by erinls2
What do people think the grade boundary will be for an A?

Last year A=63, I don't think this year will be higher than last year. Its possibly around 61-62, in my opinion.
Reply 205
Original post by bethygirl
The final question was the question requiring to use the discriminant which I believe was question 12. There was 2 questions on the last page. Either way this was definitely the last one

I'm 90% sure that was question 11 haha.
Original post by bethygirl
The final question was the question requiring to use the discriminant which I believe was question 12. There was 2 questions on the last page. Either way this was definitely the last one

Section B has three questions, and starts from question 9. There is 11 questions in total, not 12.
Original post by ABeingOnEarth
How many marks do think I'll for the last K question, if I made the two equations equal to each other and correctly rearranged everything to get it in the right form to put it inside the b^2-4ac and then I put it into the equation correctly but made it = to 0 instead of < 0? and then did nothing else correct after that?

You should at least get two marks. 1 for rearranging the equation. 1 for applying the discriminant formula...
Original post by Studious_Student
****...now I am worried. Knowing me I probably did write on the back, but a part of me is still a bit paranoid.

If you got something on the last page, you should have done it right, except if you did part of the last question on the previous page and continue on the next page.
You should be fine. You will be able to get some marks for what you written in the last page, even tho it could be a part of the ans.
If you got something on the last page, you should have done it right, except if you did part of the last question on the previous page and continue on the next page.
You should be fine. You will be able to get some marks for what you written in the last page, even tho it could be a part of the ans.

I think most likely I went to the back before doing the question. I remember the last question taking quite a lot of space, and I really think that I would have known if I carried over into the same section if I had to turn the page. Plus if I am correct the last question part i and ii were on the side before the back. So I most likely started on a new page, hopefully I don't lose enough marks to get below an A.
What was the equation in q11)i ? My answer was different to the one in the unofficial MS but I can't remember the original equation
Checked. You do need to show M1 x M2 = -1 [1 mark]

Which paper did you check this from ? My teacher seems to believe that me writing negative reciprocal will be ok as it means the totally same thing - depends on the examiner though
how many UMS will 64/72 be?
Reply 213
Why would 11 questions mean a higher grade boundary? It's the same number of marks(and effort), so the number of questions doesn't affect anything, right?
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone know wtf I'm doing wrong. In terms of questions, this paper was the easiest I've ever seen.... but I ran out of time, like I always do.

I look at the question and know what to do, I don't stop writing once in the exam yet I didn't even manage to finish. I've done practically every question I could do but this still happens.

Also, does anyone know how many marks I would have dropped if I didn't write anything on the back page of the answer booklet?
Original post by Realforce
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GrOwL3hZzhJmn8rd9IyozRJX6e6-0fAlwbaEnJkJEnw/edit?usp=sharing

Unofficial mark scheme is almost complete, just needs a bit more information.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rQzKz6OMkj-DBpk-AiRP1JA8bMVZ5u_PnFdGh_P5F40/edit?usp=sharing

Edited with correct questions and marks for each questions.
-- Originated by Realforce, and credit to all helpers.
How many UMS marks do you think 68/72 would be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 217
If the question says find the roots, it's ok just to write down the x coordinates isn't it?
Reply 218
Original post by Olivia197
How many UMS marks do you think 68/72 would be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A link to convert raw marks to UMS:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/i-want-to/convert-raw-marks-to-ums/
For the June 2015 paper 68 marks will have gotten you a 91UMS
Original post by Pra99
If the question says find the roots, it's ok just to write down the x coordinates isn't it?

That's what I thought. If they ask for coordinates, give coordinates. If they ask for root then give x.

Quick Reply

Latest