The Student Room Group

Core 1 Edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Original post by muirat01
The reason it's so hard is because all the people who've done C3 and C4 are resitting at the same time as us and not at a different time. This means that they need to make it harder to accommodate for that. If you look at the grade boundaries last year they went up and the 2015 paper was way harder than the 2014 paper. I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad but my cynicism is telling me that the boundaries might actually go up. How in the hell am I gonna get onto a computer science course with this?

can confirm - i did c3 and c4 last year and screwed them up last year and so i am resitting s1-4, fp1 and c4 to get A*A* maths and further. So there are a fair few people resitting these exams solely to get ums

Normally if c1 is hard, C2 will be moderately hard and s1 is easier :smile:
can anyone scan a copy of the exam pls??
Original post by muirat01
The reason it's so hard is because all the people who've done C3 and C4 are resitting at the same time as us and not at a different time. This means that they need to make it harder to accommodate for that. If you look at the grade boundaries last year they went up and the 2015 paper was way harder than the 2014 paper. I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad but my cynicism is telling me that the boundaries might actually go up. How in the hell am I gonna get onto a computer science course with this?

You can just retake C1 next year. when you are in the position of those people who pushed the grade boundaries up this year, that is if your sixth form allows for retakes. (?)
Reply 143
Original post by tkhanna
wasnt the age 28 as the gifts started on his 10th birthday and as n=18 so 10+18=28 years

Yeah but when n=18, that's 17 years, so it was 27
Was the area of the quadrilateral on question (10) 66?
can anyone send a scan of the exam pls??
Original post by mayaham12
can anyone send a scan of the exam pls??

I dont think its possible that anyone would have it, Teachers are not allowed to release it and students have nothing to copy it with.
I mean, I didn't think it was bad, but for a ****ing C1 paper, if it solomon paper, it would be the one everyone knows to avoid.
does anyone have a scan of the exam??
*looks to arsey*
Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme?
For the last question,I got k=41/8 , y=1/2 and equation (y-1/2)=17/2(x+2). Anyone got the same as mine?

and 815/15 ( 163/3) for area of quadrilateral ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 152
Reply 153
Reply 154
Original post by ellies07
Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=533707&d=1463576437

This is the paper and mark scheme
Original post by Oscarchow
How old was John on the last question? I found 27 years but not sure, it was a f******g hard paper

I got 27 too as did most other people in my class so hopefully its right.
Original post by johnfromexam
psst... I'm 27

hahahahahahhaha
Original post by tazza ma razza
*looks to arsey*

Thank you

Thankyou! Daym I think I've missed out on an A

Quick Reply

Latest