The Student Room Group

Uni Applications - HELP

Hi,
I was just wondering if I put all my AS grades on my uni application. Say I got ABBU, would I have to put that U on the uni application or could I leave it out? going on the basis that the university I wanted to apply for is asking for BBC. Moreover do I apply with my predicted grades or my AS?
Thank You
In the same boat as you (more like U ahaha sorry) and apparently its a legal requirement to put ALL the grades you get down
Reply 2
Original post by ImagineCats
In the same boat as you (more like U ahaha sorry) and apparently its a legal requirement to put ALL the grades you get down

Haha, well I hope we both do better than expected, but for me its highly unlikely. I'm planning on doing the EPQ, so that may help slightly!
From an admissions point of view, you should def put everything down - it allows the university you are applying for a fuller picture of your experience and knowledge.

Dave (Enquiries, Wrexham Glyndwr University)
Reply 4
Original post by sophiaaaloo
Hi,
I was just wondering if I put all my AS grades on my uni application. Say I got ABBU, would I have to put that U on the uni application or could I leave it out? going on the basis that the university I wanted to apply for is asking for BBC. Moreover do I apply with my predicted grades or my AS?
Thank You

Yes you declare the U. But they will be more interested in the ABB.

Your referee provides your predicted grades, not you. They are usually based on your AS (and/or internal) exam results. But that will depend on your school's policy.

Also, here is the forum for questions and information about Applications and UCAS...
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=6
Yes, you have to put a U on your application.
Source: I got a U in AS Maths and had to put it on my application.

When you apply each university will see both your predicted grades and AS grades and will give you an offer based on those, 99% of the time it will be the grades they ask for on their website.

My AS results were CCDU with predicted grades of BCC and I got offers ranging from ABB down to BCC.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending