The Student Room Group

Official AQA German AS

Scroll to see replies

Guys. Any essay predictions?
Original post by greentron6

I don't think anything on Fashion has come up for a while so I wouldn't be surprised if that appeared.

I can also imagine something on Kommunikationstechnologie.

The other will probably be anything from family/friendships/marriage tbh it seems to come up so often.

Though I'm legit just guessing.
Original post by greentron6

Been analysising the trends since jan 2010 and I predict Neues Technologie, Mode und Ferien

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone! How's revision going? I have no idea at all how to revise. I've done all the past papers but my main concern is the essay part, my grammar is still as bad as it was when I first started the AS course :frown: any tips or advice?
Hi, can anyone help with how its best to do the gap fill question (the one with the boxes, not question 9)? I know you're meant to look for signs which mean an infinitive will follow etc but I'm not sure what they are. Any tips??
Original post by natalieeeeeeee
Hi, can anyone help with how its best to do the gap fill question (the one with the boxes, not question 9)? I know you're meant to look for signs which mean an infinitive will follow etc but I'm not sure what they are. Any tips??

- Check where the word is in the sentence to see if it's gonna be a verb or adjective (if it's 1st, 2nd or last it's likely to be a verb)
- Check the subject so e.g. ich/du/er and then find the verb with a corresponding ending e.g. ich spiele, du machst etc.
- Check the tense - not so straightforward but a time phrase or a past participle phrase will help.

YEha that's what i do.
Original post by TianaEsther
Hey everyone! How's revision going? I have no idea at all how to revise. I've done all the past papers but my main concern is the essay part, my grammar is still as bad as it was when I first started the AS course :frown: any tips or advice?

Hey! Don't worry I'm sure the essay will go absolutely fine! Give yourself enough time at the end to check over everything in terms of grammar. Try to include as much advanced vocab as you can and I've also made an essay phrase revision sheet- try to use a few of them :smile:

In general, keep the essays to one point per paragraph so it doesn't get muddled up and link everything back to the question.

Hope this helps!!
Original post by H4nn4h_R
Hey! Don't worry I'm sure the essay will go absolutely fine! Give yourself enough time at the end to check over everything in terms of grammar. Try to include as much advanced vocab as you can and I've also made an essay phrase revision sheet- try to use a few of them :smile:

In general, keep the essays to one point per paragraph so it doesn't get muddled up and link everything back to the question.

Hope this helps!!

Thank you SOO much I cannot emphasise how much you've saved me 😅😅 good luck for the exam! 😊
Just over 24 hours to go guys ahh.
Original post by Inexorably
Just over 24 hours to go guys ahh.

I just want to get the worst exam done with (aka german)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Themathgeek
I just want to get the worst exam done with (aka german)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its prob the exam im most prepared for so from there on in its crying ebery day
Guys any essay predictions for tomorrow!!
Original post by lolaroseyu
Guys any essay predictions for tomorrow!!

Apparently it's gonna be on mode, kommunicationstechnologie or ferien
What makes you say that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Original post by satansruler
Apparently it's gonna be on mode, kommunicationstechnologie or ferien

oh god, if it is on one of those topics i will literally cry
Thats what someone else said before on here, i cant remember who but they were analysing trends, its not definite, its just a guess
Original post by satansruler
Thats what someone else said before on here, i cant remember who but they were analysing trends, its not definite, its just a guess

Oh lol that was me, nah I thought you had found out someother way haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you don't, there's example essays on AQA's website with a commentary. Probably a bit late, but could be helpful...

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/as-and-a-level/german-2660/past-papers-and-mark-schemes
Reply 98
How's everyone feeling for tomorrow?
Original post by nox1
How's everyone feeling for tomorrow?

Scared.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending