The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Maths Core 1 - 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by craigie435
you had to use pythagaros which got you route 64

It was √65:

circle.png
What did we all get on the last integration question?
Original post by Frazzles10
That was easy it was 9

I got 9 aswell, annoying thing was if u got the first part of the question wrong you would've mucked the rest up
Original post by Heidirennie
What did we all get on the last integration question?

The integral came out to be 81/4 or 20.25.

The shaded area was 45/4 or 11.25

This has been answered before in the forum.
Do you think i will lose mark just because i did not simplify the answer 243/12 into 81/4?:s-smilie:
oh gosh that paper went down hill all because of that circle question and the integration one, i literally couldn't find a trapezium or a triangle but as soon as people told me about the triangle i knew i failed :colonhash:
Original post by goofyygoober
Do you think i will lose mark just because i did not simplify the answer 243/12 into 81/4?:s-smilie:

i doubt it unless the question said "simplify" or "in its simplest form" otherwise u would be able to get the OE (or equivalent) mark
How many marks would I get on the intergration question if i did it all right but somehow i managed to get the area of the triangle as 6 because i did 24 x 2/4 /2 instead of 24 x 3/4 /2 (i think this is what you were supposed to do?)

Also for the length of CT I added it up wrong and got root80 instead of root81 so would i get method marks or no marks at all?
Original post by beanigger
i doubt it unless the question said "simplify" or "in its simplest form" otherwise u would be able to get the OE (or equivalent) mark

thx!!:smile:
Original post by Fambox
I got the same I hope we are right !!! Mine was in fraction form like 135/12

Same for some reason I never bothered to convert them in decimals and thought I was wrong...thanks the mental peace lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
did anyone get -5/4 as the x co-ordinate?
Original post by aliyaahh
did anyone get -5/4 as the x coordinate?

Yes, -5/4 was the x-coordinate of Q
Original post by ella-1997
Exam was easy overall, but i just couldn't work out question 5)b where you had to find the coordinates of b?? how did everyone do this?

I worked out that C was the midpoint, because AB was the diameter, so the distance AC was half of AB. Then just double the change in coordinates.
Original post by aliyaahh
did anyone get -5/4 as the x co-ordinate?

Yes. The Co-ordinates of Q were (-0.8,0) but you only needed to state the x.
Reply 334
Original post by jakeheart291
how many marks for Q8?????/

It was 7/8 marks
Original post by SamCoulthard
I worked out that C was the midpoint, because AB was the diameter, so the distance AC was half of AB. Then just double the change in coordinates.

You could do this, but I think it is easier and quicker to use the formula for a midpoint and sub in numbers you knew and worked out unknowns from this.
what was the equation that we had to integrate?
Does anyone remember what the integration equation after integrating was? 3x4/4 was one of them, right?
Original post by SamCoulthard

Yeah I did that as well, seemed too simple at the time after thinking about it for a while. I said straight away the diameter would be 2*radius so using midpoint formula seemed than doing the midpoint thing below. Plus helped on the next question as I had already considered the gradient as -7/4 which made it easier to get the equation of the tangent to the circle. It was something like y-1=4/7(X+2) which simplified to 7x-4y+18=0

Original post by BenAtkinson
You could do this, but I think it is easier and quicker to use the formula for a midpoint and sub in numbers you knew and worked out unknowns from this.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ssmith04
i thought the circle question was solid

What did you get as your radius for the circle? Idk if I screwed that up :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending