The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach

Scroll to see replies

I scored 6777 for Coventry position and I am on a reserve list! I got offered a role for Solihull but can't get there so have to wait, can they say where you are on the list? Is there a contact number for recruitment? I emailed last week but had no reply, so frustrating!
Original post by prinny88
Very vague isn't she ? Lol I used to work for dwp , I'm still a civil servant but I left dwp because it was so hard to progress . I got an eo job for the home office now & I'm rembering the reason why I left with all this

I think it's very disorganized and even at the interveiw in Cardiff when I asked about start dates etc I was told not sure, maybe June ? I think if they put you on such a list there should be employment at the end of it or just tell you no in the first instance ! Saves a lot of stress and confusion lol 😄
Original post by Waiting1990
I scored 6777 for Coventry position and I am on a reserve list! I got offered a role for Solihull but can't get there so have to wait, can they say where you are on the list? Is there a contact number for recruitment? I emailed last week but had no reply, so frustrating!

On
A reserve with that score !? Omg you done amazing !
Thank you, I'm so gutted! I think it's because they offered me Solihull first, I'm hoping that I will be near the top of lists. I don't get why they have lists anyway?
Very vague isn't she ? Lol I used to work for dwp , I'm still a civil servant but I left dwp because it was so hard to progress . I got an eo job for the home office now & I'm rembering the reason why I left with all this

why are you going back to the DWP from the HOME OFFICE?
What department of the Home Office are you leaving prinny88? I'm at the Home Office too; UK Visas and Immigration. Going to the DWP (South Wales Valley eg Bargoed, Tredegar etc) - fed up of the commute.... and the work lol 😂
Did you guys just have to complete the onboarding information?
Original post by BigFatVegan83
What department of the Home Office are you leaving prinny88? I'm at the Home Office too; UK Visas and Immigration. Going to the DWP (South Wales Valley eg Bargoed, Tredegar etc) - fed up of the commute.... and the work lol 😂

You lucky thing that's area I wanted lol your score is amazing . Have they told you which office ur going to yet ?
Original post by memoryfish
22.2k is everywhere except London I think

Thanks for that. Just wanted to know.

Yeah, why?
You lucky thing that's area I wanted lol your score is amazing . Have they told you which office ur going to yet ?

No not yet. Im eager to know though lol. When I applied I initially only chose Bargoed and Merthyr but then Merthyr wasn't on the preference sheet that had to be submitted at time of interview. So I ended up ticking Bargoed and Tredegar but the member of staff who was photocopying all the info before the info said there were no longer vacanices in Bargoed so I panicked ticked Caerphilly and scribbled Ebbw Vale and Merthyr on the side 😂

Yes. I completed it when I received the provisional offer last Wednesday. U haven't been asked to complete anything in addition to that though like a DBS form. I'm sure someone on here was asked to do that.
Yes. I completed it when I received the provisional offer last Wednesday. U haven't been asked to complete anything in addition to that though like a DBS form. I'm sure someone on here was asked to do that.

I didn't know Bargoed no longer had vacancies :frown:? And Blackwood was originally on advert but not on the form . keep me posted & congratulations :smile:

I don't think that we will be required to complete the additional forms because we're part of the civil service already. I had a call from them and they asked me to provide a start date, they wanted people in positions by the end of may....2 WEEKS away !.
why are you going back to the DWP from the HOME OFFICE?

I liked the work lol I was the grade below when I was at the jobcentere though
I don't think that we will be required to complete the additional forms because we're part of the civil service already. I had a call from them and they asked me to provide a start date, they wanted people in positions by the end of may....2 WEEKS away !.

I haven't had phone call. When was you originally offered a provisional position and in what offices? Do you only find the office you have been assigned to once you have had the phone call? I am wondering how long these pre employment checks will take. Security isn't an issue as I'm SC cleared but i have a feeling the long term sick I had from May to July 2015 will ruin it for me. I received managers discretion for it and I've had no sick since but I'm shitting my pants over it.... I fear they will revoke the offer.

What are you doing at the home office now?

Would you be taking a pay cut though, surely it is better to stay in the Home Office then move upwards or is this an vertical change not a horizontal change?
Original post by PandaSal
Would you be taking a pay cut though, surely it is better to stay in the Home Office then move upwards or is this an vertical change not a horizontal change?

DWP from July 1st are having 5% pay rise each july for 3 years the ln 4.something% in the 4th year.
I haven't had phone call. When was you originally offered a provisional position and in what offices? Do you only find the office you have been assigned to once you have had the phone call? I am wondering how long these pre employment checks will take. Security isn't an issue as I'm SC cleared but i have a feeling the long term sick I had from May to July 2015 will ruin it for me. I received managers discretion for it and I've had no sick since but I'm shitting my pants over it.... I fear they will revoke the offer.

I had the phone call a few days ago, got my first choice within the manchester cluster. So they tell you the office on the phone call, for acceptance you need to send an email back. Not sure about the pre-employment checks, they may not conduct them if your already in CS.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending