The Student Room Group

GCSE ICT Edexcel 2016

Scroll to see replies

I actually didn't find it that hard! I'm just glad our six markers were decent!
Original post by worksmartnothard
I actually didn't find it that hard! I'm just glad our six markers were decent!

The 6 markers were soooo easy but i made so many silly mistakes beforehand. For example, 3 implications of the lack of access to ICT:
I wrote, Affordability, Lack of infrastructure and government restrictions when these are causes :frown: but overall... i think the grade boundary should be somewhere around 50 for an A* seeing that this paper was harder compared to the past papers.
Make a petition of GCSE ICT EDEXCEL LOWER THE GRADE BOUNDARIES! https://www.change.org/
Original post by Mo128
What is a device that is used to connect the media player to the WiFi network?

Router
Original post by Serkan Marasli
Router
I put network interface card will I still get the mark?
Original post by GCSEICT

Yeah I also put wireless network interface card and then I put a wireless dongle would be required if the media station did not possess a network interface card.

Mark or not?
Somebody start a petition to lower the grade boundaries!
Original post by GCSEICT

they're already low it's only around 50 marks for an A*
Original post by GCSEICT

dw, they are already usually so low (like 53/80 for an A*)
Original post by GCSEICT

Original post by guy321
Yeah I also put wireless network interface card and then I put a wireless dongle would be required if the media station did not possess a network interface card.

Mark or not?

My understanding of ICT is incredibly poor so correct me if I'm wrong but I thought a NIC was needed to connect the device to the local area network??
(edited 7 years ago)
The 6 markers were soooo easy but i made so many silly mistakes beforehand. For example, 3 implications of the lack of access to ICT:
I wrote, Affordability, Lack of infrastructure and government restrictions when these are causes :frown: but overall... i think the grade boundary should be somewhere around 50 for an A* seeing that this paper was harder compared to the past papers.

Oh well, that's only a 3 possible marks and like people have said, the grade boundaries are incredibly low! No need to worry!
Original post by history fanatic
How did you all find it?

I felt like I didn't have much to say about the last 6 marker so I just rambled on about people being rejected job offers and a whole bunch of stuff like that haha. There were loads of crossing boxes so I was really happy about that :smile: And the questions asking about defining the World Wide Web and the Internet kinda threw me off because I hadn't memorized any proper definitions so I just wrote whatever I thought made sense. Overall though I'm quite satisfied, I expected it to be really difficult but it wasn't super challenging.
What about you guys?

Oh and did anybody else end up finishing the exam really early? 1 hour and half was quite a lot of time tbh hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found it OK! What threw me is the fact that the first question (the media station or whatever) wasn't relevant to ANYTHING in the syllabus guide by edexcel! The last 6 marker was weird worded but it was easy enough once you knew what it was asking for. Overall, fairly satisfied I did well and now hope it's enough to get me a good grade! :biggrin:
Router

wifi dongle? i was basing my knowledge off the amazon fire box and nowtv?
I didn't find that paper that hard, I would say that I probably got midway between the 40-50 marks category, which I think is alright considering that we hadn't learnt any theory before 2 weeks ago.
How do you think this compares to last years exam?
Reply 114
I think the paper mostly went well, the tiny bits I did revise were the only ones that came up :u:
The questions on what are the world wide web and internet though...

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by batt_mellamy
wifi dongle? i was basing my knowledge off the amazon fire box and nowtv?

ye probs correct, i mean there's probably 5 options
Original post by GCSEICT

dont think so but there's always a chance
Reply 117
Original post by KieranPRTL
we hadn't learnt any theory before 2 weeks ago.

Same, I think that seems to be the general trend.
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for this exam out yet?
Original post by jaz,
Same, I think that seems to be the general trend.

we learnt the theory in year 9

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending