The Student Room Group

[Official Thread] OCR MEI AS Mathematics 2016 (C1, C2 & S1)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by WuMyster
That's what I thought. If they ask for coordinates, give coordinates. If they ask for root then give x.

I just checked and just x coordinates is fine. 😀
I have made a poll to vote for the difficulty of this paper compared to previous years so we can try and predict estimate grade boundaries. Please vote and spread the word :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4096207
for the questions to work out the roots frm the graph, i put x= -2.28 because it wasnt directly in the middle???
Reply 223
Grade boundary is definitely above 62, going to be higher or equal to last year at least.
I really liked this paper! I think the grade boundaries will be high this year - maybe higher or around the same as last year. Can't believe there was no proof!
Original post by QS2Nabz
for the questions to work out the roots frm the graph, i put x= -2.28 because it wasnt directly in the middle???

They'll probably have a range that they can accept as the answer :smile:
Do you think you will lose a mark for not stating that m1 x m2 = -1 ???
Original post by Rachy128
I may be mistaken but I think the answer to either Q3(ii) or Q6(ii) on the unofficial mark scheme may be incorrect as they are both down as 2+√3...I can't remember what it's supposed to be though, sorry!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rQzKz6OMkj-DBpk-AiRP1JA8bMVZ5u_PnFdGh_P5F40/edit the link you're looking at has q3 wrong on both parts, this one looks right for that
Reply 228
To whoever took the photo of, posted, and circulated the photos of the papers online. YOU ARE AT HIGH RISK OF DISQUALIFICATION. I'd still advise deleting them before it's too late.
Original post by lucydoyle1233
Do you think you will lose a mark for not stating that m1 x m2 = -1 ???

If you got the correct answer I don't think you would. Given that you showed other workings!
Reply 230
I'm thinking 60 for an A
Reply 231
Original post by Quido
I'm thinking 60 for an A

at least 63 i'd think
Reply 232
Original post by sqr00t
at least 63 i'd think

I think it was harder than the 2015 paper.
Anyone doing FP1 on Friday?
Reply 234
for 11 iii) if i did the correct method all the way but had a calculation error how many marks will get get? added 24 and 36 and wrote down 50 :/ so my answer was k<-50/8
Reply 235
Original post by Quido
I think it was harder than the 2015 paper.

i found it easier than the 2015 paper and im a retaker..
Original post by sqr00t
To whoever took the photo of, posted, and circulated the photos of the papers online. YOU ARE AT HIGH RISK OF DISQUALIFICATION. I'd still advise deleting them before it's too late.

I did not take the images, I just found it on another thread on TSR, but it looks like it got deleted now and the user who posted it, looks like their account has been deleted too. So since that happened, I'll just delete it off this thread now.
Original post by bethygirl
I only put 27. I'm looking on past papers and the ones I've looked at they've only put the positive answer in the mark scheme ?

for example :

Jan 13 - (81)^3/4 the answer is 27 only
Jan 12- (9)^-1/2 the answer is 1/3 only but has at the side 'allow + or -' therefore I presume just having 27 is completely correct :smile:

They prefer this by the looks on the mark schemes along the side it says 'allow +- 27' so it sounds like they prefer the answer without the positive and negative symbols 😊
Reply 238
anyone got those pics of the paper? plz share
Reply 239
I think this years grade boundary will be above 60 but I doubt it will be higher than last years even though it was easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending