The Student Room Group

Edexcel gcse ict exam

How did ya'll find it :smile:
Reply 1
Weird paper..why would they ask what the flipping internet is??
Reply 2
Original post by tnk191
Weird paper..why would they ask what the flipping internet is??

Lol and the WWW, i lost 4 marks from that, another three form the transactional data question i wrote "IP ADDRESS/AGE" and they would use the data to send relevant emails LOL, and then I lost a few marks of the last 6 marker and the 2nd last question, and 3 marks from the shitty multiple choice and i got a* in courseowrk, probs get a now :frown:
Reply 3
Harder than past papers I think
Reply 4
Original post by Adzkii786
Lol and the WWW, i lost 4 marks from that, another three form the transactional data question i wrote "IP ADDRESS/AGE" and they would use the data to send relevant emails LOL, and then I lost a few marks of the last 6 marker and the 2nd last question, and 3 marks from the shitty multiple choice and i got a* in courseowrk, probs get a now :frown:

Hopefully boundaries will be low like last year. I feel like they'd be about 57 ... You should be fine then. The highest ever been is 62 and this paper is no were near the 'easiest paper'. So shouldn't have the highest boundaries
Reply 5
what did people put for the 2nd 6 marker?
Reply 6
Original post by Exam5
what did people put for the 2nd 6 marker?

I didnt read it proprely. I thought it meant like how is individuals privacy/informationa about them a problem, like the question was "Discuss how the overuse of the internet affects the accessibility and control on the privacy of individuals"
and I wrote - leaked information, wikipedias with celebrities = false information because anyone can edit, and i wrote about social networking and false accounts/identity theft lucky to get 2/6
I'm qualified to work at a nursery now.

You know, because the nursery that I applied to wanted social media.
Reply 8
I didnt read it proprely. I thought it meant like how is individuals privacy/informationa about them a problem, like the question was "Discuss how the overuse of the internet affects the accessibility and control on the privacy of individuals"
and I wrote - leaked information, wikipedias with celebrities = false information because anyone can edit, and i wrote about social networking and false accounts/identity theft lucky to get 2/6

i felt it was hard, i talked about the data protection act privacy setting and reputation on future jobs
Reply 9
Original post by Exam5
i felt it was hard, i talked about the data protection act privacy setting and reputation on future jobs

Did I get it right?
Reply 10
Original post by tnk191
Hopefully boundaries will be low like last year. I feel like they'd be about 57 ... You should be fine then. The highest ever been is 62 and this paper is no were near the 'easiest paper'. So shouldn't have the highest boundaries

+ no IT teachers were allowed in the exam hall so the boundaries should be set lower
Reply 11
Why on Earth would Laura buy a tablet computer that doesn't connect to the Internet? I came out of that exam not only feeling the success that I can run an Animal Shelter, but run a Child's Nursery as well!

I was also rather miffed as there as not a single question about GPS! - Something that I strongly revised...

Seeing the outrage on twitter, many people found it tricky, so I'm guessing the grade boundaries will lower than last year's 50/80 for an A*. Definitely the hardest paper from the past few years...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by RKtothesky
It was hard, wasn't it?

I thought it was harder than ALL the past papers I've sat.

What's so funny about the paper is Edexcel did not put any ''benefit'' and ''drawback'' Q'S.

I think the grade boundary should be set fairly and lower than to 2015's, hands down!

The paper was not what I was really expecting. ''What is the Internet?'' A ridiculous question I could not answer rightly.

It's funny, because it these little definition questions that could catch us out instantly, we're all human, but do we know the scientific definition for "human"
It's funny, because it these little definition questions that could catch us out instantly, we're all human, but do we know the scientific definition for "human"

Yes, but I do not think I answered it generally correct.
I would be surprised to gain 1 mark for my response, which I do not remember.
Did anyone get GSM for the multiple-choice question? cant remember what the question was
Reply 15
Original post by Gooner4life1
Did anyone get GSM for the multiple-choice question? cant remember what the question was

I put 'MAC' but I completely guessed as I didn't have a clue.

Afterwards I looked it up and GSM stands for Global System for Mobile communication, which I believe is correct as the question was asking about communication. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
For the 2nd 6 marker i talked about the news programmes such as the bbc and how it might be difficult to judge the credibility of the information and it was essentially about how has ict changed the way knowledge is created.
Reply 17
was so hard trying to define WWW and the Internet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending