The Student Room Group

A2 Latin Prose Literature- Pliny

Hey guys- I'm doing Pliny as part of my A2 Latin course- the 7 letters prescribed for the Prose exam literature. I'm semi-self teaching this and am not sure how the second part works, as they've never done these letters before.
So for part B of the exam, you have two questions. In all the past papers, both sections are focussed on specific passages rather than the first question (3A/4A) on a passage and the second (3B/4B) as a general look like the Verse paper has.
I'm wondering whether this format is the same this year, or whether 3B will be focussed on an entire letter rather than a passage. Can anyone who is studying this in school and knows how the second part will be formatted help me?

Sorry for the long post, and thank you so much to anyone who can help!!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Sorry I can't help - I'm doing AS Latin.
But good luck!
Let me know how it goes because I'm interested in A2 Latin for next year!!
Original post by Sophiestudies
Hey guys- I'm doing Pliny as part of my A2 Latin course- the 7 letters prescribed for the Prose exam literature. I'm semi-self teaching this and am not sure how the second part works, as they've never done these letters before.
So for part B of the exam, you have two questions. In all the past papers, both sections are focussed on specific passages rather than the first question (3A/4A) on a passage and the second (3B/4B) as a general look like the Verse paper has.
I'm wondering whether this format is the same this year, or whether 3B will be focussed on an entire letter rather than a passage. Can anyone who is studying this in school and knows how the second part will be formatted help me?

Sorry for the long post, and thank you so much to anyone who can help!!

Hello, I am doing A2 Latin also. The prose paper starts off with an unseen translation and comprehension (Livy that is) and then we are given two 'passages' from either the Pliny letters that we have studied throughout the year or the other writer which i cannot recall. They are always passages, unless the letter is really short, such as 'At The Races'. Hope this helped! :smile:
Original post by tilly5798
Hello, I am doing A2 Latin also. The prose paper starts off with an unseen translation and comprehension (Livy that is) and then we are given two 'passages' from either the Pliny letters that we have studied throughout the year or the other writer which i cannot recall. They are always passages, unless the letter is really short, such as 'At The Races'. Hope this helped! :smile:

:smile: How hard is A2 after AS? Surely that unseen translation is so hard?
Original post by stripedbox
:smile: How hard is A2 after AS? Surely that unseen translation is so hard?

By a mile, yes.
Original post by tilly5798

Thanks so much- this really helped! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending