The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Chemistry 19th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maruchan
yes you don't have to worry about it :smile:

Alright. :smile:
Reply 21
Could anyone quickly summarise how you know which salt making method to use? I know the mixing/stir/filter one is two soluble salts to make an insoluble salt, but for the others, how do you know whether to use a titration or the other method?
Original post by pprish.chandaria
Sure I will do that. Uhmm no I don't have the CGP book

i have it, ill bring it to school tomorrow :smile:
Does anyone understand why calcium hydroxide is used to neutralise acidic soil in fields
Yes
This is because calcium hydroxide is an alkali and the soil is acidic. Whereby an acid is neutralized by the alkali

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you Sonia

Posted from TSR Mobile
could anyone help me out with explaining this:
(general topic of polymerisation, additional polymerisation etc. The question itself made me go whaaaaat? and I just guessed because it's better than a blank amirite :yy: the Gold is me marking and my expression of ~woe~ THANKS IN ADVANCE I REALLY NEED HELP >.< )
IMG_8944.jpg
Thank you Sonia

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Milzime
(general topic of polymerisation, additional polymerisation etc. The question itself made me go whaaaaat? and I just guessed because it's better than a blank amirite :yy: the Gold is me marking and my expression of ~woe~ THANKS IN ADVANCE I REALLY NEED HELP >.< )
IMG_8944.jpg

You've just drawn the propene molecule out when its basically asking you to draw two monomers joined together like in the diagram shown above it. It wants to see that you understand that the C-C double bond is broken to allow more monomers to join.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Milzime
IMG_8944.jpg

All it wants to see if the repeat monomer unit drawn out twice, the ms shows the CH3 in different orientations but they could be the same side.
Original post by edcj
All it wants to see if the repeat monomer unit drawn out twice, the ms shows the CH3 in different orientations but they could be the same side.

Original post by Johnnieb623
You've just drawn the propene molecule out when its basically asking you to draw two monomers joined together like in the diagram shown above it. It wants to see that you understand that the C-C double bond is broken to allow more monomers to join.

thank youuu I get it now, I was just being a bit blind hahah
Did any of you do the AQA iGCSE chemistry double award exam today?
no you scrub
Hi guys.
I have problems answering questions related to bonding. Please help.

:sorry:
Hi guys
How did the paper go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Hi guys.
I have problems answering questions related to bonding. Please help.

hey, what do u need to know about it? covalent, metallic and ionic bonding?
Thanks for replying, but I already received help on that topic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
for those who did the double award edexcel igcse chemistry today, did u guys put carbon dioxide as a compound of unpolluted gas?
Reply 38
Original post by caiob
for those who did the double award edexcel igcse chemistry today, did u guys put carbon dioxide as a compound of unpolluted gas?

Ya you could put h20 as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by caiob

Yes. I put CO2, I thought of putting O2 but then it said compound so CO2 was the only viable answer since it's the only compound in air (argon, oxygen, nitrogen are elements). Other people put H20 though, not sure if that's right?

Quick Reply

Latest