The Student Room Group

English Literature

Is anyone doing OCR English literature? If so, are you studying any of the following Rossetti/Hamlet/The Bloody Chamber/ A Doll's House/Dracula? I figured it might be useful for people to have something on English.
Only one I'm doing is the Bloody Chamber (hate that collection of short stories)
Original post by Rhythmical
Only one I'm doing is the Bloody Chamber (hate that collection of short stories)

Worst one of them is the Snowchild, raping a dead imaginary child thing, yeah that is a little out there.
Original post by Unorganisedaf
Worst one of them is the Snowchild, raping a dead imaginary child thing, yeah that is a little out there.

That one freaked me out, I really thought Angela Carter would redeem herself by making it more normal I guess due to the title but she ****ed it up. Atleast it isn't until next Thursday!
Is anyone doing OCR English literature? If so, are you studying any of the following Rossetti/Hamlet/The Bloody Chamber/ A Doll's House/Dracula? I figured it might be useful for people to have something on English.

I'm doing Hamlet and Rosetti, absolute nightmare
Original post by ameliahxlt
I'm doing Hamlet and Rosetti, absolute nightmare

Thank God. I felt like our school is the only one doing Rossetti. I can't find much at all on her poems online, bloody hard analysing her work.
Thank God. I felt like our school is the only one doing Rossetti. I can't find much at all on her poems online, bloody hard analysing her work.

Cross-ref it is the best site by far for her poems. Remembering it all is the hardest bit :frown:
Original post by ameliahxlt
Cross-ref it is the best site by far for her poems. Remembering it all is the hardest bit :frown:

Funny because 2 of her poems are about remembering her 😂 I'll try and use that site. I think the hardest poem for me to analyse and see as useful is I think it's called Jhansi tower? Something like that. It doesn't really relate to love or religion.

Quick Reply

Latest