The Student Room Group

National 5 Chemistry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by Aaaaa01
Set up 2 apparatus and for each experiment use one brand and another bran for the other experiment. Then heat it and the carbon dioxide will pass through the delivery tube into the test tube with lime water in it. Check what test tube is cloudier and the cloudier one will hav more carbon dioxide since lime water turns carbon dioxide cloudy.

I talked about that limewater thing as well, But never gave a description of the experiment.
I said something about density as well.
For the Strontium one I wrote about it as a radioisotope
Reply 502
Original post by Lewis H01
What did everyone get for the what type of reaction is it at beaker B and the other reaction one?

Oxidation for beaker B wasn't it?
Original post by Frank$
I'm pretty sure that 0.36 litres is right as the balanced equation above the question showed 2Al to 3H2

Sure ? Don't lull me into a false sense of security
Original post by Jay431
Oxidation for beaker B wasn't it?

I think it was but I wrote reduction, I had oxidation then changed it to reduction :/
What about the other chemical reaction I got addition
Original post by studyranger
For the last using your knowledge q what did everyone put down?

Set up 2 apparatus and for each experiment use one brand and another bran for the other experiment. Then heat it and the carbon dioxide will pass through the delivery tube into the test tube with lime water in it. Check what test tube is cloudier and the cloudier one will hav more carbon dioxide since lime water turns carbon dioxide cloudy.
Reply 506
Original post by Lewis H01
I think it was but I wrote reduction, I had oxidation then changed it to reduction :/
What about the other chemical reaction I got addition

For polymerisation yeah it was addition
Reply 507
What did people put down for strontium?
Reply 508
Original post by eve_4342
Sure ? Don't lull me into a false sense of security

I'm sure as it was what I got and was one of the questions that stumped me for a moment before I got it.

My workings were something similar to:
1 mole H2 = 24 L
Al = 0.01 moles
Al : H2
2 : 3
5 parts so 1 part = 0.01/2 = 0.005
3 x 0.005 = 0.015
Final answer = 24 x 0.015 = 0.36 L
Original post by Frank$
I'm sure as it was what I got and was one of the questions that stumped me for a moment before I got it.

My workings were something similar to:
1 mole H2 = 24 L
Al = 0.01 moles
Al : H2
2 : 3
5 parts so 1 part = 0.01/2 = 0.005
3 x 0.005 = 0.015
Final answer = 24 x 0.015 = 0.36 L

I got the same exact working and final answer as you Frank
Original post by Jay431

Its a metal. It loses to electrons to become positive. To test for strontium heat it and see if the flame colour turns watever colour it said in the data booklet. Density, and cant rmbr
Reply 511
Original post by Ethan100
I got the same exact working and final answer as you Frank

That's comforting! It was definitely one of the more harder questions in the paper for me
Reply 512
Original post by Aaaaa01
Its a metal. It loses to electrons to become positive. To test for strontium heat it and see if the flame colour turns watever colour it said in the data booklet. Density, and cant rmbr

Yeah I done mostly the same as you, But forgot about the flame test lol
What did people say for the question about what the sodium ion solution thing acted as? I put conductor but I know it's wrong now, was it electrolyte?
Original post by Jay431

Since it's a metal it's shiny, it has high melting and boiling points, it conducts electricity because of free moving ions and it has a red flame colour
Reply 515
Original post by Marina1264
What did people say for the question about what the sodium ion solution thing acted as? I put conductor but I know it's wrong now, was it electrolyte?

I wrote electrolyte, I think

Original post by Chemman1
Since it's a metal it's shiny, it has high melting and boiling points, it conducts electricity because of free moving ions and it has a red flame colour

Yeah same done similar things to you as well
Original post by Frank$
That's comforting! It was definitely one of the more harder questions in the paper for me

Wooo!!!
What did you guys so for the circle the answer one about the strong and weak bonding in the covalent molecular question?
Original post by Frank$
I'm pretty sure that 0.36 litres is right as the balanced equation above the question showed 2Al to 3H2

Yeah, that's what I put because:
2mol Al ---> 3 mol H2
1mol Al ---> 1.5 mol H2
0.01 mol Al ---> 0.015 mol H2
0.015 mol H2 = 0.015 * 24 = 0.36 litres
Reply 519
Original post by eve_4342
What did you guys so for the circle the answer one about the strong and weak bonding in the covalent molecular question?

Strong then weak But I think I'm wrong. I was confused

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending