The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

For the micropropagation question is it not glucose instead of starch?
I put glucose as well, I think you will get the mark for both
I did a bar graph that's right... right?
Original post by TheBasement
I did a bar graph that's right... right?

No you'd obviously do line graphs because the question asks you specifically to 'join up the points' so it's not a bar graph. You also needed a key to separate the still wind and the moving wind.
Pretty sure its a bar graph it didn't say anywhere to join up the points and you can can't of done a key for a line graph as you could only use one colour
Guys did anyone do 1BR , the regional paper?
Original post by Oliver000123
Pretty sure its a bar graph it didn't say anywhere to join up the points and you can can't of done a key for a line graph as you could only use one colour

It said join the points up with straight lines, and you don't have to do a key you can just label the lines, but i forgot to do that because i was just so stressed it slipped my mind.
Also it isn't discrete data that you are plotting it's continuous so it has to be a line graph.
Original post by conradliebers
Yeah thats what I wrote, but the original guy who made the mark scheme wrote that so I just left it in, but yeah I agree.

'The guy' is me, you should've said so at the start! I would've happily changed it as i wasn't very sure on my answer haha :smile:
Original post by Oliver000123

It was a line graph, and you labelled the lines by just writing which data they represent next to them.

Samiyah is correct about the data being 'continuous' as there is a range of values for the same thing. A bar graph would be correctly used when dealing with non numerical independent variables ie. catagories of things with names.

This explains the difference:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/maths/statistics/representingdata3hirev1.shtml
Anyone know when the papers go online?
Well, I screwed that paper up.
Yes but you could've used dots and crosses and then write the key on the side for which one was which
guys will i get a mark if i said vagina wall instead of vagina? LOL. i said ligament instead of oviduct :frown: #idiot
Original post by samiyah jameel
I put glucose as well, I think you will get the mark for both

i said glucose too
Original post by Elliwhi
Well, I screwed that paper up.

cheers
Reply 115
There was a question after 1)b which asked you to identify what these little cells were between the neurones shown in the diagram :smile: I wrote nerves but not sure if it is right!!
Original post by bjgc00
There was a question after 1)b which asked you to identify what these little cells were between the neurones shown in the diagram :smile: I wrote nerves but not sure if it is right!!

the gaps between neurones are synapses
i wrote cervix, i think that's right actually
Original post by conradliebers
glucose

I put nutrients :frown:
Original post by asd.987
I put nutrients :frown:

How about carbohydrates? Will that be right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending