The Student Room Group

AQA English predictions?

Really hoping for a good question, I do AIC and OMAM for Lit, and Character and Voice for poetry.
Reply 1
Same here! Good luck.
Original post by katodizzle
Really hoping for a good question, I do AIC and OMAM for Lit, and Character and Voice for poetry.

Saaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmme. I'm so worried tho. Apparently there is a chance the inspector would come up? :/ maybe even Edna:frown:
We went through all the past papers for about the past 4 years and the things that haven't come up are

OMAM - Curley, The final scene where lennie is shot, the boss and Candy
Then part b could be on social hierarchy

AIC - Characters - Sheila or Gerald
Themes - Old vs Young and maybe social responsibility
Literary Devices - Lighting, Entrances and Exits, Dramatic Irony, anything but tension really

Poetry - We are doing the Relationships Clusters and the ones that haven't come up arePraise SongQuickdrawBrothersTo His Coy MistressIn Paris with youHope this helps
Reply 4
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool
Saaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmme. I'm so worried tho. Apparently there is a chance the inspector would come up? :/ maybe even Edna:frown:

I really hope Gerald and Edna don't come up, especially Edna because there isn't that much to say about her.
Reply 5
Original post by zara_ruby
We went through all the past papers for about the past 4 years and the things that haven't come up are

OMAM - Curley, The final scene where lennie is shot, the boss and Candy
Then part b could be on social hierarchy

AIC - Characters - Sheila or Gerald
Themes - Old vs Young and maybe social responsibility
Literary Devices - Lighting, Entrances and Exits, Dramatic Irony, anything but tension really

Poetry - We are doing the Relationships Clusters and the ones that haven't come up arePraise SongQuickdrawBrothersTo His Coy MistressIn Paris with youHope this helps

Thanks so much, mindmaps here we go :smile:
Original post by katodizzle
I really hope Gerald and Edna don't come up, especially Edna because there isn't that much to say about her.

Miss was like if AQA keeps going at the rate of pulling utter surprises then we'd better expect something like this to avoid panic really but dear Lord I hope she doesn't come up cause my future is gonna be down the drain
Reply 7
Miss was like if AQA keeps going at the rate of pulling utter surprises then we'd better expect something like this to avoid panic really but dear Lord I hope she doesn't come up cause my future is gonna be down the drain

I'm just gonna make mindmaps and notes on all characters and hope it works :?

I don't think Edna would be the worst, because there are only a limited number of quotes you can choose so not much chance of going wrong there. And then I would just do a paragraph on the treatment of women involving her character relating it social and historical context, then same with the treatment of the lower class and one on social responsibility and her involvement with all of this.
Reply 9
I am betting on Sheila or Gerald to come up for AIC. For OMAM I think it is most likely to be Curley or Candy.. Anyone have any ideas on what might come up for the conflict cluster?

I'm doing OMAM and AIC for unit 1 and the conflict cluster for unit 2! If the Inspector or Sheila came up I think I would be pleased along with a question on social hierarchy? and maybe Candy or Crooks for the OMAM question...

For poetry, I don't really mind..I did a mock and got 34/36 for my answer so hopefully I'll be alright! Good luck on Monday/Friday everyone! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending