The Student Room Group

[Official Thread] OCR MEI AS Mathematics 2016 (C1, C2 & S1)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
By the way , what did you guys write for your equation of the translated graph ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mo2351
I think this years grade boundary will be above 60 but I doubt it will be higher than last years even though it was easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I agree, I don't think it can be higher than less years (2015) grade boundaries lol, it was like 63 for an A and 58 for a B.
Reply 242
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Anyone doing FP1 on Friday?

Yup, this year in C1 I always get a low A in papers whilst with the other modules I get high As. Hoping the FP1 paper will be easy.
Does anyone here have an unofficial mark scheme for OCR MEI C1 18/05/16
That unofficial mark scheme is so wrong
Original post by Mo2351
By the way , what did you guys write for your equation of the translated graph ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I got something like X^2 + X -5 or something but that could be wrong, however the graph did intersect Y axis at -5 so I'm presuming mine is correct ??

I think its got them right...
Original post by bethygirl
I think I got something like X^2 + X -5 or something but that could be wrong, however the graph did intersect Y axis at -5 so I'm presuming mine is correct ??

I got that too!!
Really disappointed by how that exam went for me, I'm resitting all of AS maths (C1, C2 and D1) and I was meant to get an A in all 3 exams, I don't think I've got more that 55/72 :frown: Need to work my socks off now for my other exams to get a B average (need to recalculate realistic minimum UMS in each exam to get a B. Before it was >80 for C1, C2, D1 and M1 and around 50 for C3 and C4... might need to make that more like 60-70 UMS C3 and C4)
Any other resisters think that was better than last years exam?
Original post by erinls2
How did everyone find it? I thought it was an average paper, not impossible but had to think about some things and go back to correct silly mistakes! What did everyone do for the proof? I worked out the gradient of both lines and showed they were perpendicular

There wasn't a proof question?
Reply 249
Original post by Shipreck

I think he didn't do MEI , I think he just did OCR C1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 250

Which parts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iloveoatcakes
I got that too!!
Really disappointed by how that exam went for me, I'm resitting all of AS maths (C1, C2 and D1) and I was meant to get an A in all 3 exams, I don't think I've got more that 55/72 :frown: Need to work my socks off now for my other exams to get a B average (need to recalculate realistic minimum UMS in each exam to get a B. Before it was >80 for C1, C2, D1 and M1 and around 50 for C3 and C4... might need to make that more like 60-70 UMS C3 and C4)
Any other resisters think that was better than last years exam?

I'm dissapointed too. I was relying on getting full marks in this paper resit too. I'm resitting core 1 and 2. I got a C at AS but I need a B overall to meet my conditions to study midwifery at uni in September. I'm really worrying because core 1 is the easiest exam and I genuinely think I got like 64/65 in this paper which is only a few more marks than I got last year. Wishing you the best of luck for your future exams and drop me a message if you'd like any help studying for core 2, d1, core 3 or 4 as I'm also doing all these haha :smile:
Would i lose a mark for not putting the [y] in y = x^2 + x - 5 and just writing x^2 + x - 5 for the question "find the equation of the translated curve" as technically what i wrote was an expression. I know you lose the mark in FP1 but idk about C1.

note: i checked two past papers and found two occasions where similar questions have been asked. in one you lost a mark for omitting [y] and in the other one it was condoned.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tizzaclaire98
I think its got them right...

the questions are all wrong and some answers are wrong. they have confused some questions together just look at the test paper someone posted a few pages back
Original post by Shipreck

10)i) was "Prove that angle ABC is 90 degrees."

the answers are correct except for Q11)i) and ii) but the order and structure of all the questions are confused and mixed up.
Reply 256
10)i) was "Prove that angle ABC is 90 degrees."

Yeah but that was an easy proof question,it's like GCSE proof

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm dissapointed too. I was relying on getting full marks in this paper resit too. I'm resitting core 1 and 2. I got a C at AS but I need a B overall to meet my conditions to study midwifery at uni in September. I'm really worrying because core 1 is the easiest exam and I genuinely think I got like 64/65 in this paper which is only a few more marks than I got last year. Wishing you the best of luck for your future exams and drop me a message if you'd like any help studying for core 2, d1, core 3 or 4 as I'm also doing all these haha :smile:

I really need good marks in maths... I got a U last year (total of 80 UMS) and I am having to resit all my AS exams across all my A2 subjects because the only class I took seriously was Physics... yet I need an A in that to counteract the fact I won't be able to get a B in chemistry so I'm trying to get a C in that instead... A lot of stress, a lot of exams. 1 down, 13 more to go :frown:
Would i lose a mark for not putting y = x^2 + x + 5 and just writing x^2 + x + 5 for the question "find the equation of the translated curve" as technically what i wrote was an expression. I know you lose the mark in FP1 but idk about C1.

If you put that you'll lose the mark not because you forgot to put y= but because it was -5 at the end not +5
If you put that you'll lose the mark not because you forgot to put y= but because it was -5 at the end not +5

that was just a typo in the actual exam i put -5

Quick Reply