The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Sociology Unit 1 exam!

How did everyone's sociology exam go??? I ran out of time and missed the 12marker :frown:((
What did everyone put for 5 mark question on education about how schools encourage social mobility?? I had no clue! i started to write about meritocracy
Reply 1
I also wrote about meritocracy. Should be fine... Fingers Crossed!

Overall I would say that it went well. Finished on time and even had 5 minutes to go. It killed my hand though.
Yess fingers crossed! I couldn't think of anything to write and meritocracy was the first thing that came to mind! Aha

Hopefully unit 2 paper is just as nice!

Also the other 5 mark question on educations about disadvantage pupils what did you write?xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Yeah that's fine I did meritocracy too and OMG the 12 markers bloody took like 25 mins of my time it's so annoying!!
Original post by Ashleigh1101xx
How did everyone's sociology exam go??? I ran out of time and missed the 12marker :frown:((
What did everyone put for 5 mark question on education about how schools encourage social mobility?? I had no clue! i started to write about meritocracy
Reply 4
Yess fingers crossed! I couldn't think of anything to write and meritocracy was the first thing that came to mind! Aha

Hopefully unit 2 paper is just as nice!

Also the other 5 mark question on educations about disadvantage pupils what did you write?xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel like an alevel term might pop out of nowhere in the unit 2 paper like anomie last year but then again they could be nice
I did the OCR paper, can i join in we don't have a thread
Reply 6

i was writing about how comprehensive schools offer the same standard of education to all of their students regardless of social class and background, so those who work harder will achieve better grades, be more qualified, have a better job, earn more money and therefore move up the social ladder, nd then i was talking about how marxism suggests that this isnt true and the rich still have an advantage
Reply 7
Original post by lucsus
i was writing about how comprehensive schools offer the same standard of education to all of their students regardless of social class and background, so those who work harder will achieve better grades, be more qualified, have a better job, earn more money and therefore move up the social ladder, nd then i was talking about how marxism suggests that this isnt true and the rich still have an advantage

That can link to meritocracy because meritocracy is the functionalist theory that if you work hard and are talented you can progress up the social ladder which is very similar to what you said except the beginning bit about comprehensive schools.
Reply 8
Original post by Taahira_
I feel like an alevel term might pop out of nowhere in the unit 2 paper like anomie last year but then again they could be nice

That's why I'm going over all the keywords just in case...
Reply 9
Anyone worried for tomorrow's Unit 2 paper?
Original post by FAlaa123

Not me I've done loads of revision :smile:
Reply 11
i am after the aqabiology paper with the flipping business studies questions
Reply 12

just created an account to answer your questioon
Original post by jcskdbck
just created an account to answer your questioon

So what's your answer?

Yess😩😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
How was it? I think that I did really well. The funny thing was that I started Power when I should have done Social Inequality. I wasted 4-5 minutes but somehow finished on time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending