The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Hey Guys,

Have you heard what's been going on about the biology AQA exam ? People have been complaining on LBC.

Yeah I have!! I hope it doesn't happen for mine next week

Original post by NiamhM1801
That's good :smile: and it depends how other people did as well, but hopefully you got really high marks so high grade boundaries aren't a worry

That's very true we will have to play the waiting game from now on :biggrin:
Hey Guys,

Have you heard what's been going on about the biology AQA exam ? People have been complaining on LBC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No? I saw petition. What has been said?
Original post by brainzistheword
Yeah I have!! I hope it doesn't happen for mine next week

That's very true we will have to play the waiting game from now on :biggrin:

Indeed we will...it's killing me not being able to look at mark schemes immediately after walking out of the exam hall like I did for my mocks though!! It's going to be so hard waiting until the end of August! :s-smilie:

Your science exams are quite late...you're lucky! Although the one I sat yesterday wasn't at all that bad unlike what lots of people are saying. I think people just want the popularity tbh (for the OCR exam) as if you revised it really wasn't that hard...

Sort of glad we don't do AQA now! :h:
Hello, there! I'm also doing OCR Gateway B for my Core Science, I have my Unit 1 on the 25th May and I'm very desperate for that A* and I know I can trust you. My Unit 2 is arriving in 10th June. I also need help on Section D parts too. You don't helping me, right? It's okay, if you don't want to. Thanks :smile:
Hey Guys,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha i did that exam :biggrin: It wasn't even that bad although i didn't like the off topic questions about ' independent companies' but then again it was manageable :wink:
Original post by ladybird29
No? I saw petition. What has been said?

Unrelated questions. Something business related and it asked what the favourite type of alcohol for a 15 year old would be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nisha.sri
Haha i did that exam :biggrin: It wasn't even that bad although i didn't like the off topic questions about ' independent companies' but then again it was manageable :wink:

I hope you get that A*. 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope you get that A*. 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thank you :smile: I hope i do too. There are petitions and so many comments about lowering the grade boundaries so i hope they do :smile:
Unrelated questions. Something business related and it asked what the favourite type of alcohol for a 15 year old would be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep it said what is an 'independent company' ?
The rats one was just a graph and you had to describe it basically
Original post by NiamhM1801
Indeed we will...it's killing me not being able to look at mark schemes immediately after walking out of the exam hall like I did for my mocks though!! It's going to be so hard waiting until the end of August! :s-smilie:

Your science exams are quite late...you're lucky! Although the one I sat yesterday wasn't at all that bad unlike what lots of people are saying. I think people just want the popularity tbh (for the OCR exam) as if you revised it really wasn't that hard...

Sort of glad we don't do AQA now! :h:

Yeah same - and I suppose it is good but also annoying that I have the sciences (especially biology) at times when I have 5/6 exams a week. Although Physics is the very last exam so I have plenty of time to revise it which is good so I should count my blessings :biggrin:

Original post by ShiawaseNekox3
Hello, there! I'm also doing OCR Gateway B for my Core Science, I have my Unit 1 on the 25th May and I'm very desperate for that A* and I know I can trust you. My Unit 2 is arriving in 10th June. I also need help on Section D parts too. You don't helping me, right? It's okay, if you don't want to. Thanks :smile:

Of course I will help you - what is it specifically you don't understand? :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
Aw thank you :smile: I hope i do too. There are petitions and so many comments about lowering the grade boundaries so i hope they do :smile:

No worries. Thanks. I've got a feeling this is going to happen again in a few of the other exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Guys,

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have heard about it and saw the petition. Apparently it was mostly about applying your knowledge and something. Is there something else I'm missing?
Original post by sahra30013
I have heard about it and saw the petition. Apparently it was mostly about applying your knowledge and something. Is there something else I'm missing?

That's exactly what I told my father. However, there are many people complaining so I don't really know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
UPDATE FOR 18/05/16

Revised:

Lots of ICT (Phew - it's gone now)

Biology 1-3 past paper

Maths past paper

Heroes Quotes

OMAM quotes

Update 18/05/2016
I can't believe I've askedy completed 7 exams in 3 days! Still got 15 to go! Today was mainly resting as I was tired from English booster and the exams I have today.
I managed to do:
- shape and space past paper 44/50
- poetry comparisons- looked at two poems
- and managed to clean my room which was full of past papers! (I know, this isn't actually something:colondollar:)

Going to read AAM before I sleep for English lit
Original post by brainzistheword
UPDATE FOR 18/05/16
Revised:

Lots of ICT (Phew - it's gone now)

Biology 1-3 past paper

Maths past paper

Heroes Quotes

OMAM quotes

Well done today! You really have good time management skills! How was your first exam today? I hope it went well!:smile:
Original post by ShiawaseNekox3

I know this is not directed at me but I think I can help. I did the exam last year and got an A*. What I would advice you to do is do lots of past papers. You might have already done it but there are similarities between past papers. For instance, from what I remember, B2 you have to apply your knowledge about adaptions and this usually comes up. And for Section D, i would advice you to learn how to calculate percentage change and do again lots of questions on it.
Good luck. :smile:
I'm literally having to stay up all night cramming maths revision. half of the stuff on the revision list I haven't even been taught and it's really hard stuff, so have to teach it to myself :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done today! You really have good time management skills! How was your first exam today? I hope it went well!:smile:

Thank you! And yeah I feel like it went well - it's just a waiting game now :smile:

Update 18/05/2016
I can't believe I've askedy completed 7 exams in 3 days! Still got 15 to go! Today was mainly resting as I was tired from English booster and the exams I have today.
I managed to do:
- shape and space past paper 44/50
- poetry comparisons- looked at two poems
- and managed to clean my room which was full of past papers! (I know, this isn't actually something:colondollar:)

Going to read AAM before I sleep for English lit

7 exams over 3 days - wow you must be exhausted. I've only done the 1 all week!! (18 ish still to go though) and well done on everything you've done today it is excellent :biggrin:
AAAAAA
I set an alarm to wake up at 4:30 (I'm crazy, I know) because I still hadn't revised C3 at all and my exam is in the morning (so so annoying) so I had to revise for it
IT DIDNT GO OFF
I woke up at 6:10 instead which meant I didn't have time to revise it at all!!!
Instead I just decided to hope that I remembered it from being taught and attempted the 2015 paper (leaving out 6 markers to save time) and got 35/60 which isn't bad considering I didn't even answer 18 marks worth, but it was a very simple paper with loads of tick box questions so I don't think ours will be quite as nice :s-smilie:

Just gonna have to cram the spec on the bus instead now :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending