The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone firmed their choice for King's college in London for child nursing?
Original post by fazimi
So that is like maintenance loan right, not the actual tuition fees?

Yeah it's just for your loan. There is a section on the application that discusses tuition fees but as soon as you put you're on an NHS course it will tell you they're already paid ect :smile:
Regarding funding. I have already applied for the bursary and maintenance loan but it's not going to go very far. Does anyone know of anything else I could apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tracijune
Regarding funding. I have already applied for the bursary and maintenance loan but it's not going to go very far. Does anyone know of anything else I could apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Check your universities scholarships out. Some universities give out generous scholarships depending on individual situations. Some also offer hardship funds to students where they'll give you a one off payment (ours is £1000) to help you out, but again you have to apply ect.
Original post by KirsttyyM
I have Firmed Kings college london

Same! :smile: Are you applying for accommodation?
Original post by Helzplayf

Yes I have! Are you applying for accommodation?
Reply 1766
Original post by fazimi
I was wondering how student finances for nurses worked. Do i just apply for bursaries or do i apply somewhere else as well. And did you guys have to provide your universities an employers reference. City is asking for one and i was wondering if anyone else that accepted City were asked the same thing.

hi, I have an interview with city and I wanted to known how many you need to get correct in maths and literacy tests. I would appreciate it if you told me and how the tests were like. many thanks
Original post by Tafo
hi, I have an interview with city and I wanted to known how many you need to get correct in maths and literacy tests. I would appreciate it if you told me and how the tests were like. many thanks

The tests aren't difficult. The maths you can use a calculator and it consists of addition, subtraction, division, measurements and problem solving. The English is split into 3 sections: Grammar, comprehension and a short essay question. Then depending on the branch of nursing you want to do, there's a short aptitude test which gives you different scenarios you have to answer :smile:
Reply 1768
Original post by Iloveladygagaxo
The tests aren't difficult. The maths you can use a calculator and it consists of addition, subtraction, division, measurements and problem solving. The English is split into 3 sections: Grammar, comprehension and a short essay question. Then depending on the branch of nursing you want to do, there's a short aptitude test which gives you different scenarios you have to answer :smile:

Thanks a lot that really helped...for the calculators did they give you?
Original post by leannesylvester
Same! :smile: Are you applying for accommodation?

yeah deffo, are you eligible for the KAAS? Kings affordable accommodation scheme?
I have!
Original post by Helzplayf
Whats the KAAS? Is that something we have to apply for now? Rent is so expensive!
yeah deffo, are you eligible for the KAAS? Kings affordable accommodation scheme?

I haven't actually heard of that
Original post by michelletwist
Whats the KAAS? Is that something we have to apply for now? Rent is so expensive!

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/accommodation/apply/kings-affordable-accommodation-scheme-.aspx
I wish to apply for sept 2017 does anyone have any tips for me?
I've got lots of exp both with children and older adults and children with disabilities and difficulties. I work in a nursery in the toddler room which I work 10hrs in so 12hr shift will hopefully be a piece of cake. I will be applying for DSA. My top five unis for children's nursing are
1 KCL
2 Surrey
3 City
4 Kingston
5 London Southbank
I will miss out on the bursary sigh... but never mind 😄
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nursey_nurse
I wish to apply for sept 2017 does anyone have any tips for me?
I've got lots of exp both with children and older adults and children with disabilities and difficulties. I work in a nursery in the toddler room which I work 10hrs in so 12hr shift will hopefully be a piece of cake. I will be applying for DSA. My top five unis for children's nursing are
1 KCL
2 Surrey
3 City
4 Kingston
5 London Southbank
I will miss out on the bursary sigh... but never mind 😄

Hey!

You sound like you have loads of good, relevant experience - make sure to emphasise that on your personal statement!

I'm a current child student, just about to go into my 3rd year at City if you have any questions :smile:
We have a Facebook group for anyone studying at Plymouth, message me if you can't find us
Hi all i have to confirm my place my options are anglia ruskin or south bank for child nursing. Not sure which way to go any advice?
Original post by emmawebb
Hiya. did you hear from DMU yet? :smile:

I've a place to do child nursing at Coventry ☺️ My insurance choice is dmu but adult nursing instead as I didn't get a place for child busing there xx what about you? X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending