The Student Room Group

National 5 Chemistry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lewis H01
My teacher said you never use the rough titre, what did you get as your answer?

I got 15 I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
My teacher said you never use the rough titre, what did you get as your answer?

Yeah I only used titre 2 and 3, I don't remember exactly but the numbers were like 14.9 and 15.1. I got the average as 15 cm^3
Original post by Abbyy1234
No I have history on Friday :frown: what about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Computing, then modern on the 30th. How's history ? My friend takes it and at the start of the year I was either picking modern studies or history.
Should it not be 15.0cm^3
See for the diagram question where you had to complete it, I forgot to show a stopper. Will I lose the marks ?
Original post by Ethan100
Computing, then modern on the 30th. How's history ? My friend takes it and at the start of the year I was either picking modern studies or history.

I'm really not trying to be offensive it's just an an opinion, but I think you picked the easy one out of the two obviously not intentionally. Definitely for me anyway history is a challenge and not because the knowledge is hard just because the marking schemes are honestly the hardest I've ever seen for a subject. What possessed you to take computing haha omg I hated that subject!!? What do you even do for the exam??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I got 15 cm3 also :smile: what did people put for the question after the question about what time does it take for the reaction to stop?
Original post by Abbyy1234
I'm really not trying to be offensive it's just an an opinion, but I think you picked the easy one out of the two obviously not intentionally. Definitely for me anyway history is a challenge and not because the knowledge is hard just because the marking schemes are honestly the hardest I've ever seen for a subject. What possessed you to take computing haha omg I hated that subject!!? What do you even do for the exam??

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahaha what a relief, so glad I picked the easier one in terms of marking and knowledge :biggrin:
Yeah I got 15 cm3 also :smile: what did people put for the question after the question about what time does it take for the reaction to stop?

The reaction stopped increasing after 50 s so I said between 40s and 50s
I dont know if its correct though
hahaha what a relief, so glad I picked the easier one in terms of marking and knowledge :biggrin:

I suppose Im not really entitled to say stuff about subjects I don't take haha but anyway all the best for your exams I'm sure you'll do well! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I said carbon in the form of graphite can conduct electricity is that right ? Made it up hahaa

Will I get the mark for saying carbon or graphite?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The reaction stopped increasing after 50 s so I said between 40s and 50s
I dont know if its correct though

The question after if where it says what happens when you add zinc powder?
Original post by Rebeccahughes15
Will I get the mark for saying carbon or graphite?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im guessing if you wrote any of them you would get the marks
But just saying "graphite" wont give you marks

carbon in the form of graphite, thats what I said hopefully its correct :smile:

Hope did you find the exam hopefully it went well :smile:
What did everyone get if you add since powder? I said it will react quicker no sure if it's correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you write your assignment on in chemistry this year ? Do we all do the same things ? I did alcohols as fuels.
Original post by Rebeccahughes15
What did everyone get if you add since powder? I said it will react quicker no sure if it's correct

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got decrease as it's zinc powder...
Im guessing if you wrote any of them you would get the marks
But just saying "graphite" wont give you marks

carbon in the form of graphite, thats what I said hopefully its correct :smile:

Hope did you find the exam hopefully it went well :smile:

I thought the exam went really well the questions I mucked up was the cmdeltaT one, the volume one, the double bond alkane one, and the one where the answer was electrolysis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The question after if where it says what happens when you add zinc powder?

Oh I said the rate of reaction will increase because more surface area is shown. Is that right or wrong way around ?
Reply 618
What did you write your assignment on in chemistry this year ? Do we all do the same things ? I did alcohols as fuels.

I done mines on vitamin C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh I said the rate of reaction will increase because more surface area is shown. Is that right or wrong way around ?

Think that's correct! I put the same :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending