The Student Room Group

GCSE ICT Edexcel 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme for the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't like this exam much. Mostly random things that came up. And how are you suppose to say what internet means?
Original post by sahra30013
I didn't like this exam much. Mostly random things that came up. And how are you suppose to say what internet means?

Yeah those questions were tricky. In the revision guide it says the Internet is a huge network that links a lot of computer networks together and it uses the IP protocol. Something along those lines
Original post by roshna00
Yeah those questions were tricky. In the revision guide it says the Internet is a huge network that links a lot of computer networks together and it uses the IP protocol. Something along those lines

There goes my grade:frown:. Well i hope they lower the grade boundaries
Original post by sahra30013
There goes my grade:frown:. Well i hope they lower the grade boundaries

Noooo that was only a few marks I'm sure you're fine :smile:
Original post by roshna00
Noooo that was only a few marks I'm sure you're fine :smile:

Thank you! I hope so! Hopefully, we'll get the grades we want!:smile:
Reply 126
Original post by guy321
Yeah I also put wireless network interface card and then I put a wireless dongle would be required if the media station did not possess a network interface card.

Mark or not?

Yeah I did the same thing as you, i put NIC first then I put WiFi dongle, I think we should be right
What did people put for the collaborative question, where the options were things like a wiki and a blog?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gibsond9
What did people put for the collaborative question, where the options were things like a wiki and a blog?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put wiki but I'm not sure haha wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by history fanatic

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put wiki as well, so hoping it's correct 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sam1999__
I still think the exam was fairly easy but definitely harder than the past papers i did, i think they have worded the questions a little differently this year so it is not just recycling old papers. One thing im worried about though is i wrote in the blank space under the lines when i ran out of room, i stayed within the border and everything and just carried on writing under the lines. Is this ok?

I used extra paper for the 6 markers - something I wasn't expecting! I used 1.5 pages of extra paper!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by gibsond9
I put wiki as well, so hoping it's correct 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh balls, I ticked forum:unimpressed:
Hey guys, as you may be aware Edexcel grade boundaries have now been released. These are the boundaries given to ICT.

bndrs.png

The number needed to achieve A* has gone up 2 marks from last year. Nonetheless, I think 55/80 still sounds pretty decent. Good luck all for Thursday :smile:
no way my school did music festival coursework did anyone else do this, need to know if its valid.
Original post by timlds123
no way my school did music festival coursework did anyone else do this, need to know if its valid.

Like everyone did don't worry
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Like everyone did don't worry

Thanks mate :smile:
Hey guys, as you may be aware Edexcel grade boundaries have now been released. These are the boundaries given to ICT.

bndrs.png

The number needed to achieve A* has gone up 2 marks from last year. Nonetheless, I think 55/80 still sounds pretty decent. Good luck all for Thursday :smile:

Idk how I feel about the A* boundary... I thought it went up by 5?!
Reply 137
Original post by worksmartnothard

It did...

Original post by timlds123
Thanks mate :smile:

I did the Music Festival too!
Original post by worksmartnothard

Oh my bad! Must've confused it by some other one. Too many grade boundaries 😂. Best of luck!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending