The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anon_98
Mmm not what I wanted. :redface: What about you?

Really wanted an A but I'm so faaaaaarrrrrr from it. I think I got around 54 :frown: which is a C.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ugh. Yeah after the C1 my motivation is gone. I'm going to count my losses and start work again tomorrow. ill plan out what i'm going to do later. Damn it.

EDIT: Tomorrows Plan
8:00-10:00 C2 June 2013 (Q6-Q10) & June 2014
10:15-11:30 Biology Unit 5 June 2011
11:45-1:15 F332 (Chemistry Unit 2) June 2011
1:30-2:45 S1 June 2012
3:00-4:45 Biology Unit 2 Jan 2012
5:00-6:00 Biology Unit 5 Topic 2 memorizing
6:15-7:30 F335 (Chemistry Unit 5 calculation & its applications memorizing)
(edited 7 years ago)
Why did I even come on TSR today?

Been lurking around all the threads discussing the C1 exam and everyone is saying how horrificly it went.... before this, I genuinely thought it had gone ok besides about 3 questions in the paper which I totally messed up.

Oh well, I'm sure we all did better than we thought we did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found a mark scheme for C1 - Set yourselves at rest and focus on your other exams - and if you didn't do as well as you thought then revise more for the other two exams!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=533707&d=1463576437

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3284
Try not to lose motivation guys! I know quite a few of us might have felt like the exam didn't go as well as we wanted it to today but remember that it's just one module out of 6 modules. It’s one exam, in one subject. Sometimes when an exam goes badly we forget that there's still so much more to do to make up for it. Perhaps you're trying to pinpoint where it went wrong and it might've simply been bc of the pressure or maybe the exam stress/nerves and if it was bc of that then at least you've hopefully learnt how to approach the next ones better now. Personally, my exam wasn't a total washout, but I know I under performed and I am feeling incredibly disheartened but it's not the end of the world. What's happened has happened and sometimes things just don't go your way despite how hard you may try. I'm trying to focus on the fact that I tried my best and if it wasn't enough then it wasn't enough and I'm not going to get worked up over it bc that was all I ever could've done. :biggrin: I was originally feeling all rather demotivated and didn't want to work on C2 or anything else for that matter but realised that the only we can change this situation is by working hard on our next exams so that's exactly what I'm going to do. One exam going badly doesn't mean they'll all go the same way. We can do this, okay? :dumbells:

If you think taking a day off will benefit you then do it. - Hope everyone who's currently feeling demoralized feels better soon. :heart:
Is anyone here re-taking Business Studies Unit 1 tomorrow?
Original post by Anon_98
Try not to lose motivation guys! I know quite a few of us might have felt like the exam didn't go as well as we wanted it to today but remember that it's just one module out of 6 modules. It’s one exam, in one subject. Sometimes when an exam goes badly we forget that there's still so much more to do to make up for it. Perhaps you're trying to pinpoint where it went wrong and it might've simply been bc of the pressure or maybe the exam stress/nerves and if it was bc of that then at least you've hopefully learnt how to approach the next ones better now. Personally, my exam wasn't a total washout, but I know I under performed and I am feeling incredibly disheartened but it's not the end of the world. What's happened has happened and sometimes things just don't go your way despite how hard you may try. I'm trying to focus on the fact that I tried my best and if it wasn't enough then it wasn't enough and I'm not going to get worked up over it bc that was all I ever could've done. :biggrin: I was originally feeling all rather demotivated and didn't want to work on C2 or anything else for that matter but realised that the only we can change this situation is by working hard on our next exams so that's exactly what I'm going to do. One exam going badly doesn't mean they'll all go the same way. We can do this, okay? :dumbells:

If you think taking a day off will benefit you then do it. - Hope everyone who's currently feeling demoralized feels better soon. :heart:

Sooo inspiring!! :h: Good luck with other exams!!!
Original post by Anon_98

You're right :smile: , i'm not going to give up :biggrin: , i am taking today off to get in a better frame of mind so i can revise HARD tomorrow. Let's Kick C2's (and all our other exams) butt! :biggrin:
I'm in a bad mood sure to my brother's stupidity :mad: I'll try to change this through the power of German music :biggrin: I'll hopefully go through all my biology flashcards today
Just managed to go over the communication and homeostasis part of my bio flashcards, I think I'll go over protein synthesis and cellular control :smile:

:console:
Well I'm planning on spending an hour going through approaches for psychology and hopefully I'll fully understand the learning approaches. :ahee:
Reply 3291
Original post by TheTeresaLover
Sooo inspiring!! :h: Good luck with other exams!!!

Thanks v much! Good luck to you too <3

Original post by Thomith
You're right :smile: , i'm not going to give up :biggrin: , i am taking today off to get in a better frame of mind so i can revise HARD tomorrow. Let's Kick C2's (and all our other exams) butt! :biggrin:

Perfect.- Great to hear.

That sounds like a good idea + definitely!
Original post by Anon_98
Thanks v much! Good luck to you too <3

Perfect.- Great to hear.

That sounds like a good idea + definitely!

Anon how many marks do you think you got for C1?
Reply 3293
Original post by KINGYusuf
Anon how many marks do you think you got for C1?

LEMONS R NICE. :ahee:
Quickly went over those flashcards, that'll be enough for today. I hope those who did C1 today aren't that distraught from it :frown: I don't know how bad it was, but the best thing is to focus on your next exams try your hardest for them. I believe in youuuuu!!! :yep:
I only managed to study introspection and the scientific method but I guess that's something at least? :colondollar:
Original post by Thomith
ugh. Yeah after the C1 my motivation is gone. I'm going to count my losses and start work again tomorrow. ill plan out what i'm going to do later. Damn it.

EDIT: Tomorrows Plan
8:00-10:00 C2 June 2013 (Q6-Q10) & June 2014
10:15-11:30 Biology Unit 5 June 2011
11:45-1:15 F332 (Chemistry Unit 2) June 2011
1:30-2:45 S1 June 2012
3:00-4:45 Biology Unit 2 Jan 2012
5:00-6:00 Biology Unit 5 Topic 2 memorizing
6:15-7:30 F335 (Chemistry Unit 5 calculation & its applications memorizing)

Might start a little early again, say 730-745 or so but i'm feeling better today and ready to revise :smile:
I'm planning to do:
9:30-11:30 Geography, coasts
12:30-1:30 Biology, classification and evolution
1:45-4:00 S1
5:30-6:30 Geography, inequality
7:00-8:00 Psychology,classical and operant conditioning
8:15-10:15 General geography revision
10:30-11:30 S1 past paper
Reply 3298
I'm feeling better today too. :smile:

Going to begin by reading over the notes I've made then I'll do a C2 paper once I've finished.
I ran over a bit with C2, because there was a surface area/volume prove question in June 2014 that i was too stubborn to give up on, because im almost positive there'll be a nasty one in our paper this year.
I'm also marking maths alot more harshly now, overly harshly, so if i dont get the correct answer im marking the entire part as 0 marks, just to improve my efficiency.
June 2013 didn't go amazingly (51/75) but June 2014 went alot better (67/75), thinking that was because i started June 2013 when i was still demoralized about C1.

Oh well, ran over so gunna get back to it, gunna do Biology Unit 5 June 2011 now.

Latest

Trending

Trending