The Student Room Group

Will my banked A Level count? very confused

I am currently repeating year 12, but doing different subjects from the ones I did last year, with the exception of psychology. I got a B in my AS and am hoping to get an A in my A2. When applying for uni will this grade count? for example, if I have an AAB offer does this mean I only need one more A and one more B next year from my other 3 subjects? I'm very confused
Original post by toetothunder
I am currently repeating year 12, but doing different subjects from the ones I did last year, with the exception of psychology. I got a B in my AS and am hoping to get an A in my A2. When applying for uni will this grade count? for example, if I have an AAB offer does this mean I only need one more A and one more B next year from my other 3 subjects? I'm very confused

It depends on the university you are applying to.
Original post by claireestelle
It depends on the university you are applying to.

I'm looking to apply to unis in the top 20's for law, most likely russel groups. Will they count the A2?
I'm looking to apply to unis in the top 20's for law, most likely russel groups. Will they count the A2?

I think unis are a bit on the strict side when it comes to law degrees so I wouldn't rely on it.
I think unis are a bit on the strict side when it comes to law degrees so I wouldn't rely on it.

So there was no point carrying on with the A2? :frown:

You've confused me :s-smilie:
So there was no point carrying on with the A2? :frown:

From what I can understand they could want a levels sat across just 2 years rather than 3, your best bet is to email the admissions of each one to get a straight answer.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
You've confused me :s-smilie:

haha sorry, I'll try again: so last year I took 3 science subjects and psychology but completely hated the sciences, so now im redoing the year with 3 different subjects but I still do psychology as I got a B at AS. I;m sitting my A2 exam this year while my other 3 subjects are AS. If I get an A in psychology and I get a uni offer of ABB for example, does this mean I only need 2 B's as I would already have an A?

Hope thats clearer lol
From what I can understand they could want a levels sat across just 2 years rather than 3, your best bet is to email the admissions of each one to get a straight answer.

Ok, I'll do that thanks, not sure how I would word the email though lol. Hopefully its fine because they are technically sat across 2years, as I changed the subjects from last year, so even though in total it would have taken me 3 years to complete them, all the subjects would have been done in 2 years individually
Ok, I'll do that thanks, not sure how I would word the email though lol. Hopefully its fine because they are technically sat across 2years, as I changed the subjects from last year, so even though in total it would have taken me 3 years to complete them, all the subjects would have been done in 2 years individually

Best to email them a list of all your subjects and when you sat them and see what they say from then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending