The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zayn is Bae
She's had more men than I've had hot dinners ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Today I learned FK's mum doesn't know how to cook.
Reply 3841
Original post by Lúcio
First of all, if she was "insanely hot", she wouldn't have looked like Taylor Swift.

Secondly, you could've made something out of it mate! A charming comment like treating your girlfriend to dinner, something like that.

I know you're 14 and your body is changing but you need to get out there :smile:

Tfw Luke's giving genuine advice, but then boom, out of nowhere comes the rek

Spoiler

Original post by Lúcio
Major fots

In all seriousness though, girls seldom initiate with guys so the fact that she did either means she was EXTREMELY desperate or that she thought Difeo was cute.

No way a hot girl is talking to a guy out of the blue for any reason that doesn't partly involve her liking what she sees.

Hmmm I dunno man, it's possible I guess. Maybe it was an opportunity. Too bad I have a crippling fear of rejection!!
Original post by Zerforax
Maybe she thought Difeo was a non-threatening beta? :colondollar:

Tbh he should've Luke Shaw-ed it. Would've won everything if he had done that.

falling over and breaking my leg would've been smooth as ****
Original post by difeo
Tfw Luke's giving genuine advice, but then boom, out of nowhere comes the rek

Spoiler

Hmmm I dunno man, it's possible I guess. Maybe it was an opportunity. Too bad I have a crippling fear of rejection!!

Are you sr90?

Seriously though, many people (myself included) have a fear of rejection, but a girl initiating is like the Holy Grail for nervous guys - she's already gotten you talking and if she end up rejecting you, she just looks like a bitch because she's the one who talked to you!
Second exam at 9am tomorrow and not feeling great about it. Thinking of waking up at 5 and getting a couple of hours more work in. Anyone done this, is it a good/bad idea?
Reply 3846
Original post by difeo

If you pounce on the opportunity, there is a chance she can say yes. If she says no, you know not to pursue her anymore.

If you don't pounce, you will never know and you could miss out on her actually saying yes (good chance cos you're cute hehe xox)

Stop being a little bitch a pounce ffs
Original post by The Wavefunction
Second exam at 9am tomorrow and not feeling great about it. Thinking of waking up at 5 and getting a couple of hours more work in. Anyone done this, is it a good/bad idea?

As long as you get some sleep at some point. I used to end up awake at 5-6am before 9am exams and would just go through stuff a few more times. Main thing is not to try to cram too much too fast so close to the exam - end up panicking and then it's worse for you.
Original post by Zerforax
As long as you get some sleep at some point. I used to end up awake at 5-6am before 9am exams and would just go through stuff a few more times. Main thing is not to try to cram too much too fast so close to the exam - end up panicking and then it's worse for you.

Hoping to sleep 11-5 and then revise for 2 hours before the exam. Just going to try to reinforce the stuff I know, don't think it'll be worthwhile trying to teach myself new stuff.
Original post by Lúcio
Are you sr90?

Seriously though, many people (myself included) have a fear of rejection, but a girl initiating is like the Holy Grail for nervous guys - she's already gotten you talking and if she end up rejecting you, she just looks like a bitch because she's the one who talked to you!

Original post by SA-1
If you pounce on the opportunity, there is a chance she can say yes. If she says no, you know not to pursue her anymore.

If you don't pounce, you will never know and you could miss out on her actually saying yes (good chance cos you're cute hehe xox)

Stop being a little bitch a pounce ffs

xxxx
I have an exam tomorrow morning as well. Not in the right frame of mind for it though. 🙄
Original post by The.Joker
I have an exam tomorrow morning as well. Not in the right frame of mind for it though. 🙄

Why?

Spoiler

Original post by Jimmy Seville
Why?

Spoiler

Strong flirting

Btw, thoughts on when you lot are gonna start your own St. Totteringham's day, but when you go undefeated against Arsenal in the league?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Strong flirting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Better than obsession over someone who won't even know or care that you exist.

for real though what's your relationship situation?

Asking for a friend.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Better than obsession over someone who won't even know or care that you exist.

for real though what's your relationship situation?

Asking for a friend.

Taken, wbu?

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Got a friend who has so many girl problems

He is single, 25, never had a girlfriend, never been kissed etc.

But worse, He has never even asked a girl out.

And now he has just bassically given up on himself in terms of relationships, and resigned to being alone. Its just sad to be honest, and the longer he leaves it, the worse it becomes.. as he gets far to used to his own company, and finds the idea of adjusting to live a shared life with others even harder.. and the fear of rejection / barrier to asking girls grows bigger and bigger.

On top of that he has a tendancy of making life decisions that end up with him in situations that are not good for meeting girls. For instance where he lives at the moment is mainly a retirement area, with very very few young people there.. But he needs to be there for his work.

--

Try and give him advice, but it doesn't really work.. feel like the only big thing that can solve the problem is if a girl comes along and takes control. Hes a really decent guy, good hobbies, passionate about things he likes, good job. As he gets older the girls around him become more practical, and start focusing on what makes a good husband/father, instead of the delusional romance of youth, hopefully a girl will see his potential and snap him up, and just do it all for him.

--

If I have a son, 100% coaching him into asking girls out when he is young. Just one of those things that is so valuable to do whilst your young. Get the pain of rejection over when your still 13-16, and it becomes nothing. You are free to get rejected again and you know its not the end of the world. Kids bounce, they recover, and its much easier to do it when your young then older..
yhhhhhhhhhh
Reply 3857
image.jpeg

@swirly thoughts on having a wife like this?
She's an absolute cow so I doubt her husband cares
Reply 3859
Original post by fallen_acorns
Got a friend who has so many girl problems

He is single, 25, never had a girlfriend, never been kissed etc.

But worse, He has never even asked a girl out.

And now he has just bassically given up on himself in terms of relationships, and resigned to being alone. Its just sad to be honest, and the longer he leaves it, the worse it becomes.. as he gets far to used to his own company, and finds the idea of adjusting to live a shared life with others even harder.. and the fear of rejection / barrier to asking girls grows bigger and bigger.

On top of that he has a tendancy of making life decisions that end up with him in situations that are not good for meeting girls. For instance where he lives at the moment is mainly a retirement area, with very very few young people there.. But he needs to be there for his work.

--

Try and give him advice, but it doesn't really work.. feel like the only big thing that can solve the problem is if a girl comes along and takes control. Hes a really decent guy, good hobbies, passionate about things he likes, good job. As he gets older the girls around him become more practical, and start focusing on what makes a good husband/father, instead of the delusional romance of youth, hopefully a girl will see his potential and snap him up, and just do it all for him.

--

If I have a son, 100% coaching him into asking girls out when he is young. Just one of those things that is so valuable to do whilst your young. Get the pain of rejection over when your still 13-16, and it becomes nothing. You are free to get rejected again and you know its not the end of the world. Kids bounce, they recover, and its much easier to do it when your young then older..

Yeah that's tragic.

Maybe your guy is ugly as **** which don't help. Yeah fear of rejection is bad but that's why you don't ask girls in your close social circle where rejection can clearly make things awkward(unless you're pretty sure it ain't going to lead to problems).

Honestly I have more of an issue dating(note not pulling, but dating) random girls I see at bars etc. I guess you can speak to a friend of a friend and ****.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest