The Student Room Group

Release your insecurities

What are you insecure about?
Ill start, flat spot on the back of my skull, means i can't really go bald or have short hair. I need to wear smaller hats because its dented in at the back of my skull, so my head is wider..

Scroll to see replies

I have hands instead of feet, and feet instead of hands. Makes me really self conscious.
Concerned my sphincter isnt as strong as other mens
I used to be insecure about my facial features when I was around 15 or something. Then around 19, I started becoming more confident until now again.:colonhash: Mainly due to people around me who always tells me how I don't look Pakistani due to my soft facial features and a bit browner skin tone than most of the Pakistani girls. I hate when Pakistanis tells me I don't look Pakistani cos I am a Pakistani and I want to look like a Pakistani. They often mistake me for being a Bengali. No offence to Bengalis but damn boy I'm a Pakistani and I want to feel included in my Pakistani community. When they pass me stuff like this it makes me feel so excluded. I think I'm going find me a Bengali boy now. Like if people already think of me as a bengali, let's just find myself a Bengali guy. :colonhash:

And yes there's a general idea in Pakistani culture that Bengalis aren't good looking. Ridiculous ideas, I know. But at the end of the day I was born into this culture and I know what people mean when they tell me I don't look Pakistani, but Bengali. This has made me so ****ing insecure these days. Like seriously..:colonhash:
Reply 4
Original post by BrokenLife
I used to be insecure about my facial features when I was around 15 or something. Then around 19, I started becoming more confident until now again.:colonhash: Mainly due to people around me who always tells me how I don't look Pakistani due to my soft facial features and a bit browner skin tone than most of the Pakistani girls. I hate when Pakistanis tells me I don't look Pakistani cos I am a Pakistani and I want to look like a Pakistani. They often mistake me for being a Bengali. No offence to Bengalis but damn boy I'm a Pakistani and I want to feel included in my Pakistani community. When they pass me stuff like this it makes me feel so excluded. I think I'm going find me a Bengali boy now. Like if people already think of me as a bengali, let's just find myself a Bengali guy. :colonhash:

And yes there's a general idea in Pakistani culture that Bengalis aren't good looking. Ridiculous ideas, I know. But at the end of the day I was born into this culture and I know what people mean when they tell me I don't look Pakistani, but Bengali. This has made me so ****ing insecure these days. Like seriously..:colonhash:

Wtf lol, why would that make you insecure?
Im asian but look slightly white. Why does that bother you as long as you look good? Pakistani, bengali, jumbroni who cares as long as you look good.
Original post by JokesOnYoo
Im asian but look slightly white. Why does that bother you as long as you look good? Pakistani, bengali, jumbroni who cares as long as you look good.

You don't look white whatsoever
Original post by xobeauty
Brown people are the hardest to satisfy, really judgemental. Too white too black too skinny too fat too this too that, act too white . I just say hell with them, but you're damned if you do or don't, if you don't associate with them you're a snob but if you do they judge if you look or act different. Lololollllll I ranted. :redface:

Love you so much cos you understand what I mean. :frown: I love being a Pakistani but bloody Pakistanis judge me on my browner skin tone and my facial features. K thanks cool bye then:colonhash:

Original post by JokesOnYoo

Makes me insecure cos when you love being what you are ethnically and people from your own group exclude you or try to make fun of you, you feel bad. Don't mess with me here. I used to think I was okayish looking but now I just think I ain't cos of the **** I've dealt with and are still dealing with the kuti Pakistani community.

WARNING: RANT COULD CARRY ON, SO PLEASE BE AWARE.

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I am insecure about my life.
Reply 8
You're insecure,
Don't know what for,
You're turning heads when you walk through the door,
Don't need make-up,
To cover up,
Being the way that you are is enough,

Spoiler

Do you know what's really funny in this whole thing. I'm half Bengali half Pakistani lol my god did I get the best of both worlds, I'm told I got all the Pakistani features except the nose and the eyes. Also Bengali's sometimes get told they look like Pakistanis, bloody just the skin colour that is different literally. Oh and the nose, something about the Pakistani nose, I am allowed to say that because A- I'm Pakistani sort of and B- my mum (she's Pakistani) is constantly banging on about it. Also Bengali boys aren't even that bad...tbh I don't find anyone from either side of my ethnicity attractive but I suppose that's just me 😂

OMG :cry2: dont feel insecure about your looks... well you arent now :tongue: there is a man who loves you... why would you be insecure... you must be beaut :love: i think every girl is insecure about their body/loks because they take celebrities as their role models and thats how media potray us that girls have to b look hwat... skinny blah blah... even i am insecure about my looks :unsure: but i am damn sure you must be gorgeous :yep:

(edited 7 years ago)
I'm insecure about my teeth, hair and my weight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
acne
Reply 14
am so peng it hurts

Spoiler

Other people not being good enough for me. :colondollar:
Original post by xobeauty
You don't look white whatsoever

If you see me in person i actually do.
I'm insecure about my future. Maybe not so much about myself- my physical self. At the moment, I have no job, no friends.Then because of that I get into this habit of overthinking things, overanalysing. Depression is a sad world. One which I've fallen into before....I want to get out of it without all the doctor rubbish. Medicine, etc.
Reply 18
skin and hate my eyesight sooo much :frown:
Reply 19

loool I feel you, but instead I'm Fijian.

I can relate fam

Quick Reply

Latest