The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
No worries. Thanks. I've got a feeling this is going to happen again in a few of the other exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right :s-smilie: but hopefully i'll manage and no worries :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Thank you! And yeah I feel like it went well - it's just a waiting game now :smile:

7 exams over 3 days - wow you must be exhausted. I've only done the 1 all week!! (18 ish still to go though) and well done on everything you've done today it is excellent :biggrin:

Very exhausted! :smile:Thank you!
Original post by NiamhM1801
AAAAAA
I set an alarm to wake up at 4:30 (I'm crazy, I know) because I still hadn't revised C3 at all and my exam is in the morning (so so annoying) so I had to revise for it
IT DIDNT GO OFF
I woke up at 6:10 instead which meant I didn't have time to revise it at all!!!
Instead I just decided to hope that I remembered it from being taught and attempted the 2015 paper (leaving out 6 markers to save time) and got 35/60 which isn't bad considering I didn't even answer 18 marks worth, but it was a very simple paper with loads of tick box questions so I don't think ours will be quite as nice :s-smilie:

Just gonna have to cram the spec on the bus instead now :s-smilie:

Hey don't worry! I'm sure you will be fine! You worked hard for this, remember that! Good luck!:smile:
AAAAAA
I set an alarm to wake up at 4:30 (I'm crazy, I know) because I still hadn't revised C3 at all and my exam is in the morning (so so annoying) so I had to revise for it
IT DIDNT GO OFF
I woke up at 6:10 instead which meant I didn't have time to revise it at all!!!
Instead I just decided to hope that I remembered it from being taught and attempted the 2015 paper (leaving out 6 markers to save time) and got 35/60 which isn't bad considering I didn't even answer 18 marks worth, but it was a very simple paper with loads of tick box questions so I don't think ours will be quite as nice :s-smilie:

Just gonna have to cram the spec on the bus instead now :s-smilie:

Oh Niamh!!! That's such a shame - I really hope it goes well for you, I'm sure you'll go and smash it regardless :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Oh Niamh!!! That's such a shame - I really hope it goes well for you, I'm sure you'll go and smash it regardless :smile:

I hope so :smile: just wish it was in the afternoon so I had a couple more hours!
Original post by sahra30013
Very exhausted! :smile:Thank you!

Hey don't worry! I'm sure you will be fine! You worked hard for this, remember that! Good luck!:smile:

Thank you, I hope it's a nice paper! :smile:
I hope so :smile: just wish it was in the afternoon so I had a couple more hours!

It will be and I know what you mean, it's so much better in the afternoon because you have time to go through things with teachers and revise without cramming :smile:
"7 exams over 3 days - wow you must be exhausted. I've only done the 1 all week!! (18 ish still to go though) and well done on everything you've done today it is excellent "

How many exams do you have to do in year 11??!?!?!
Original post by Tasty Apple
"7 exams over 3 days - wow you must be exhausted. I've only done the 1 all week!! (18 ish still to go though) and well done on everything you've done today it is excellent "

How many exams do you have to do in year 11??!?!?!

Do you mean across all of Year 11 including mocks (we had 3 sets of mocks) but for GCSE exams I have 18/19 which is the most at my school but quite a few less than some other schools so it depends on the subjects and exam boards :smile:
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
I'm literally having to stay up all night cramming maths revision. half of the stuff on the revision list I haven't even been taught and it's really hard stuff, so have to teach it to myself :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck. I know help you feel. Use MrBartonMaths take away. It has all the topics compiled into grade sets and the questions are form past papers, so you get past paper practice at the same time. Im doing the C and D pack and then I'll be doing the B/A/A* pack tomorrow. Then I'll have 2 days to go over past papers and weaknesses. I hope that's enough time to bag an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear about that Niamh. I'm sure you'll do well. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haven't read through all the 146 pages of replies and stuff but I read the first page from back in Feb!! All I can say is OMG! You're literally so so smart and determined, I find it SO COOL!
I'm in year 12 so currently doing AS levels- your motivation would be very helpful right now lol

How do you revise and have the motivation to? How are you so on top of everything and what would your advice be for revising the day before the exam, like going over a subject for the last time?
Haha I'm kind of glad that I got that extra couple of hours sleep - the exam went brilliantly!! :biggrin:
I even think it may have been easier than last year's which had loads of tick box questions, I'm so so happy! :smile:
Haha I'm kind of glad that I got that extra couple of hours sleep - the exam went brilliantly!! :biggrin:
I even think it may have been easier than last year's which had loads of tick box questions, I'm so so happy! :smile:

Well done. Good luck. 👍👍👍👍👌🤘🤘

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2913
My back is feeling better now think it's because that chemistry exam went REALLY well! :biggrin: AQA was being too nice after that biology exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done. Good luck. 👍👍👍👍👌🤘🤘

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you find it?
So in three weeks I'll be done with all of my exams! :smile:

So far:
French - DONE
English Language - DONE
Maths - DONE
First Language German - DONE
Geography - One paper left
Co-ordinated sciences - Two papers left
English Lit. - Exam starts next week
Additional maths - Exams start in two weeks
History - One paper left!

Can't wait for it to be over! :biggrin:
Original post by Mac117

So far:
French - DONE
English Language - DONE
Maths - DONE

What maths board do you do ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mac117

So far:
French - DONE
English Language - DONE
Maths - DONE

You've completed most of your exams quite early.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I've got an A* in all the exams I've done so far - which is 9 exams - so I'm getting close to the 11A* mark!
You've completed most of your exams quite early.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My board is CIE. And yes, I started my exams on the 3rd of May actually! My last exam is on the 6th of June. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending