The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL: GCSE AQA Chemistry - C1- Higher- 19th May 2016 - AM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by lottixo
Can't find from the spec, but do we have to learn every different substance produced from fractional distillation? (petrol, naptha, bitumen etc)
Or what exactly do we have to memorise from this topic?

All it says is "Candidates are not expected to know the names of specific alkanes other than methane, ethane andpropane."
but then
"Knowledge and understanding of the products of burning hydrocarbon fuels and the effects of theseproducts is limited to those named in the subjectcontent for this section."

We don't need to know the products produced from fractional disitillation, we just need to learn the general trends, i.e. the shorter the molecule, the more volatile, runny and flammable it is.
By 'the products of burning hyrocarbon fuels' I assume it means water, carbon dioxide (and possibly sulphur dioxide if there impurities, and nitrogen oxide if it is burnt at a high temperature.'
Can someone please make a post where it says all the processes we need to know like hydration and fermentation with there corresponding conditions and temperature and catalyst please?
Original post by trollface54
Basically, we're all screwed sorry to break it out. :u:
help me , so have u revised ?
Original post by Flammae
We don't need to know the products produced from fractional disitillation, we just need to learn the general trends, i.e. the shorter the molecule, the more volatile, runny and flammable it is.
By 'the products of burning hyrocarbon fuels' I assume it means water, carbon dioxide (and possibly sulphur dioxide if there impurities, and nitrogen oxide if it is burnt at a high temperature.'

OMG the bio put me off i dont know what to expect (sad)
*cries*
How did everyone find it? Thought it was such a good paper, any questions ask here !!
So easy
Original post by Examquestions
How did everyone find it? Thought it was such a good paper, any questions ask here !!

sister i found very hard. i got very horny over the questions. i revised the calcium cycle but you know never come up next time i plan to bomb the aqa society.
Loved it :biggrin:
Apart from the question about black stuff on the beaker?
Original post by bomber123
sister i found very hard. i got very horny over the questions. i revised the calcium cycle but you know never come up next time i plan to bomb the aqa society.

By the sounds of it I think you may be ill, or should have slept last night rather than cramming
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by surina16

Yeah same I put carbon (soo) not sure though
Original post by surina16

The black stuff was soot forming because when hydrocarbons burn soot forms as one of the substances
Yeah same I put carbon (soo) not sure though

Yeah I talked about carbon. Think you're supposed to talk about particulates and stuff aswell
I put carbon too!

Did anyone else get 20.3 for the work out from 1g question?
Original post by strongcurrent
I put carbon too!

Yeah I did
I put carbon too!

That's correct
Original post by hjwright1999
That's correct

That took me too long to get omg
That took me too long to get omg

Yeah, it was just 21.36/1.2
what did everyone out for the question about potassium carbonate?X
By the sounds of it I think you may be ill, or should have slept last night rather than cramming

what is this cramming
Nice paper, went alright. Only surprise was that a question was worth 18marks xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending