The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So, I guess that's it for the season then. I'm completely uninterested in England, to be honest. I'm very much club over country. I'll watch Euro 2016 - every match, probably - but I won't be really invested in football again now until August.

Ah well.
Original post by Mackay
So, I guess that's it for the season then. I'm completely uninterested in England, to be honest. I'm very much club over country. I'll watch Euro 2016 - every match, probably - but I won't be really invested in football again now until August.

Ah well.

I'm a big England fan though so I'm preparing myself for more dissappointment, sucks to be an England and LFC fan I guess lol.
Original post by samir12
I'm a big England fan though so I'm preparing myself for more dissappointment, sucks to be an England and LFC fan I guess lol.

I was when I was younger, but I've grown really tired by England the constant merry-go-round every time we arrive at a major tournament. It's always a good laugh to meet up with mates and drink watching the matches, but a lot of my pals are married these days so I can't see that happening this summer!
Time for me to move onto tennis this summer.

Roger Federer needs to win his 18th grand slam (screw you Djokovic!)
Original post by Federerr
Time for me to move onto tennis this summer.

Roger Federer needs to win his 18th grand slam (screw you Djokovic!)

Cricket for me!
Original post by Mackay
Cricket for me!

I love playing cricket. (simply just batting and fielding)

However I've tried all my life to understand the sport but I always fail lol.

I need to do some research on how it works lol.
Original post by samir12
There is a reason why he is singled out a lot, other players don't make those errors as often as he does especially in the big games. We can sign a like for like fullback without those errors to compete with him. Maybe Gomez can be that defensive fullback for the big games? He made errors against United and West Ham but he has shown promise at such a young age and needs time to mature.

I guess my point is more than every fullback can't be a peak Ashley Cole. If we had a defensive fullback at LB too, we'd be screaming about how our fullbacks offer nothing going forward for half of our games every season.

I think I'd rather buy a left footed player for LB and then look to Gomez as our backup RB?

Original post by Mackay

Ah well.

Yea it's a long 3 months of painful paper talk about who we're being linked to :frown:
The state of this thread lol
Mad how quite Luke has been about yesterday's fiasco.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=64740909&postcount=7348

Guess 3rd is looking rather good at this time, no?
Original post by Dirtybit
The state of this thread lol

Still no where near as bad as the cesspit that is the United thread lol.
Original post by AliRizzo
Mad how quite Luke has been about yesterday's fiasco.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=64740909&postcount=7348

Guess 3rd is looking rather good at this time, no?

Mad how quite

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zayn is Bae

:rofl3:
@lucio.is.btchboy is blates stalking this thread, crying into his YNWA duvet covers waiting for Saturday when he hopes he can suddenly re-emerge from all 'the late shifts' he's been doing at work to try and rek the United fans.

Good to see @Mackay hasn't let the result deviate him from keeping up with his daily post quota.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
@lucio.is.btchboy is blates stalking this thread, crying into his YNWA duvet covers waiting for Saturday when he hopes he can suddenly re-emerge from all 'the late shifts' he's been doing at work to try and rek the United fans.

Good to see @Mackay hasn't let the result deviate him from keeping up with his daily post quota.

Can confirm its his annual meltdown after you lot in 13/14 and Mata at Anfield last year.

Also I sent you a PM that you never responded to x

Posted from TSR Mobile

lold hard at last bit.

not even an isis attack would stop that guy

Win, lose or draw, I like to think I keep a steady head.
Original post by Thephysicist123
You lost to Sevilla.

Possibly the biggest "cheers Geoff" of all time
Original post by The Assassin
lold hard at last bit.

not even an isis attack would stop that guy

Genuinely lol'd.

Edit: Touch wood it doesn't come to that...

Second paragraph is a bit of a stretch - we hardly lose all the time. We win more than we lose (and have done over the past 5 seasons in the league as a sample) unless you were to rephrase to "used to not winning" since draws obviously account for closer to 30% of our results.

Third paragraph also makes it sound like we ground our way to the final rather than some dramatic and emotional football to get there.

Describing Sturridge's goal you don't even mention Moreno's run which pulls the CB wider to give Sturridge the gap to score.

Don't mention that Lovren's goal was ruled offside because Sturridge interfered in play.

On attracting players - you ignore the pull of Liverpool as a club and the high wages we can still offer even without European football.

Not your best effort. 5/10.

Latest