The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL: GCSE AQA Chemistry - C1- Higher- 19th May 2016 - AM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lillyroselove
what did everyone out for the question about potassium carbonate?X

I just said that there was no mass deducted and there was no co2 being produced because the limewater didn't turn cloudy
The boron atom had 2 in the first shell and 3 in the next, the issue with the shell diagram was it had 8 electrons in its inner shell when it should have had only 2

Cba to do the rest
yup 20.3
and what did people put for the black stuff? i said carbon monoxide/pariticles????
Posted from TSR Mobile

I said that it did not reach a high enough temperature to thermally decompose therefore no carbon dioxide was being released which is why the limewater did not turn cloudy.
Original post by joeperrin
The boron atom had 2 in the first shell and 3 in the next, the issue with the shell diagram was it had 8 electrons in its inner shell when it should have had only 2

Cba to do the rest

There was 3 marks for that though
Original post by jackbarry1999
I just said that there was no mass deducted and there was no co2 being produced because the limewater didn't turn cloudy

Yep probably marks for:
- Saying that there was no mass deducted
- Because no reaction occurred
- And no carbon dioxide released to turn the limewater cloudy
Reply 66
Just struggled with the last question😐

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought it was an OK test but some of the questions were just... annoying to say the least. Mostly ok, but the big mark questions at the end are a killer. Flunked
and for cracking:
hot catalyst (aluminium oxide)
and thermal decomposition (high temperature)

and the tick box one was the copper oxide one because metal oxides are always produced
Original post by zeldor711
Yep probably marks for:
- Saying that there was no mass deducted
- Because no reaction occurred
- And no carbon dioxide released to turn the limewater cloudy

Think I got 2 out of 3!
Reply 70
What was the answer to that iron question where you had to complete the sentence?
Original post by thecomputernerd
and for cracking:
hot catalyst (aluminium oxide)
and thermal decomposition (high temperature)

and the tick box one was the copper oxide one because metal oxides are always produced

Didn't it ask for a solid?
Last question:
reaction with hydrogen in a presence of a nickel catalyst at 60 degrees, hardened so it is solid at room temperature and not liquid at room temperature, and hydrogenated oils are useful as spreads in cakes, have high melting points,
Original post by milolj
What was the answer to that iron question where you had to complete the sentence?

Yep, pretty sure I got that wrong xD
for the iron one I put 2 literally everywhere, I didn't 4's anywhere
mmmmm
for the iron one I put 2 literally everywhere, I didn't 4's anywhere

If in doubt, put 2;

My motto for chemistry xD
I hope you all had a good exam, I am not sure whether mine went well or not, but at least its one exam out of the way! What did everyone put for the question asking how you could improve the experiment with the spirit burner? I said that you could use a copper beaker, as it would allow the heat to transfer faster and more efficiently. The only reason that I put this is because we used a copper cup in calorimetry :s-smilie:
Original post by strongcurrent
Didn't it ask for a solid?

the oxide one was solid
the oxide one was solid

omg my brain is gone after that, ignore me please xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending