The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL: GCSE AQA Chemistry - C1- Higher- 19th May 2016 - AM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adzkii786
HAHA, i wrote about protons and electrons for the 2nd first question so im more fed than u

I didn't really know what to put so I just wrote about emulsifiers and the hydrophobic... Hopefully I can get a few marks from writing what I did
For the question about improving apparatus was it ok to say about using a lid for an insulator to prevent heat loss escaping?
Reply 182
Original post by Elliec4067
For the question about improving apparatus was it ok to say about using a lid for an insulator to prevent heat loss escaping?

I put that as well ye :biggrin:
Original post by Graciemac
I didn't really know what to put so I just wrote about emulsifiers and the hydrophobic... Hopefully I can get a few marks from writing what I did

Yep. Wrote basically the same stuff. Emulsifiers, hydrophillic and hydrophobic molecules attach to the water and oil moluecules to harden the substance. We NEEDED to put the catalyst of nickel and heat of 60oC.

I'd be very surprised if we get points for emulsifying and hydro's.
Original post by redsoules
Yep. Wrote basically the same stuff. Emulsifiers, hydrophillic and hydrophobic molecules attach to the water and oil moluecules to harden the substance. We NEEDED to put the catalyst of nickel and heat of 60oC.

I'd be very surprised if we get points for emulsifying and hydro's.

Well it's over now so no point in worrying about it, nothing can change but good luck in your other exams :smile:
Is it alright if I wrote that the neon atom was wrong because the first she'll should have 2 electrons, and that its group 0 so should not have one electron in the final she'll it's she'll should be full? I think i wrote somethings else but I can't remember
Also I wrote that insulating the cup would improve accuracy because there's less energy transfer so temp doesn't go down ? Is this right?
Would i get a mark if I wrote: protons and neutrons, negative and positive charge, +1 charge and -1 charge for the sub=atmoic? not even 1 mark?
Reply 187
Original post by Adzkii786
Would i get a mark if I wrote: protons and neutrons, negative and positive charge, +1 charge and -1 charge for the sub=atmoic? not even 1 mark?

1 mark for saying that it is protons and neutrons
Genuinely think i've got about 30/60... what a shocking result. Might even have less than that! If I get a C i will literally cry.
Original post by JustasB
Posted from TSR Mobile

I said that it did not reach a high enough temperature to thermally decompose therefore no carbon dioxide was being released which is why the limewater did not turn cloudy.

Exactly what I put 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think i put:2Fe2O3 + 3C ---> 2Fe2 + 3CO2
Is this not right ??
Really good exam had all the things I revised for
Reply 192
Original post by BoB1357246
Is this not right ??

No it should be:
2Fe2O3 + 3C ----> 4Fe + 3CO2
Is this not right ??

Unfortunately not.Well, I don't know 100% as this part "2Fe2" should just be 4Fe
Is this not right ??

iron is a metal so it won't be 2Fe2 (no covalent bond)it would be 4Fe
What happened to chapter 7. I revised for that so much 😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
There was no polymerisation either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 197
Original post by mayjunemayhem
What happened to chapter 7. I revised for that so much 😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was that stuff about the atmosphere and the Earth, cos im glad that wasnt on it.
Ah well. It's done now let's just hope the grade boundaries aren't sky high. It will probably be similar to last years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mayjunemayhem
Ah well. It's done now let's just hope the grade boundaries aren't sky high. It will probably be similar to last years

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which I don't know whether people like that or not.

I certainly don't... I'd hope a* was more mid 40's... that gives me a shed of hope to get an A at the most...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending