The Student Room Group

she used to text me every day- am i just being needy?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JavaScriptMaster
nail on the head. chill the f out. Also if you like this girl then stop texting her and offer to do something with her in the real world, she might be losing interest in you cuz it's going nowhere

I have offered. We've been out plenty of times in the real world because we've been seeing each other for 3 months. Also I haven't even been texting her a lot. Did you even read the thread?
Original post by Anonymous
I have offered. We've been out plenty of times in the real world because we've been seeing each other for 3 months. Also I haven't even been texting her a lot. Did you even read the thread?

people these days. half the time these ****ers don't even bother to read the thread but come on here spouting ******** -_- when all you need is proper advice

unfortunately on this one; i'm gonna have to reiterate what the previous poster said. the one that gave you three options:
a) do nothing and hope it improves
b) accept failure and cut losses
c) take initiative and ask

for me however bad this might be, i'll still try to find out where it flopped. but that was the old me.
this me, accepts that this kind of **** happens. i've been in your situation before but for longer and with different females (unknown to them, i was doing them both and one more at the same time. i just cut back to the one that was behaving normally and didn't sweat it XD); and even experienced similar situations before. this happens bruh. as such, i'd give her a week and if she doesn't respond/in any way spark up that interest, i'd begin to start acting the exact same way she is. reduce messages e.t.c but do this within a week so you don't loose any more time with her. ultimately, if you can't even be bothered with that, accept that it's over right now and move on. trust me, there are better women out there. no matter what you had; there are ones that'll make being with this one seem like a day in hell. you'll get over this.
Reply 42
90% likely she's lost interest. Cut your losses and move on.
Original post by theDanIdentity
people these days. half the time these ****ers don't even bother to read the thread but come on here spouting ******** -_- when all you need is proper advice

unfortunately on this one; i'm gonna have to reiterate what the previous poster said. the one that gave you three options:
a) do nothing and hope it improves
b) accept failure and cut losses
c) take initiative and ask

for me however bad this might be, i'll still try to find out where it flopped. but that was the old me.
this me, accepts that this kind of **** happens. i've been in your situation before but for longer and with different females (unknown to them, i was doing them both and one more at the same time. i just cut back to the one that was behaving normally and didn't sweat it XD); and even experienced similar situations before. this happens bruh. as such, i'd give her a week and if she doesn't respond/in any way spark up that interest, i'd begin to start acting the exact same way she is. reduce messages e.t.c but do this within a week so you don't loose any more time with her. ultimately, if you can't even be bothered with that, accept that it's over right now and move on. trust me, there are better women out there. no matter what you had; there are ones that'll make being with this one seem like a day in hell. you'll get over this.

Thanks.

Yeah I've kind of already accepted it's over. I'll wait until next week and if she hasn't text me then I will know for sure. I'll have to meet her at some point anyway though because she left something at my flat and I left something at hers.

I kind of thought if she wanted to end things then she would at least tell me or talk to me first but maybe she's not as mature as I thought. I don't think I deserve to be left hanging like this, especially since I have done nothing wrong

Forget what I said, you need to text her a lot more! Otherwise she's gonna think you don't care and leave you. Trust me girls love it when you act like a wimp and smother them with affection!
Maybe it's just me, but is there a whiff of irony in these parts just now…?
Forget what I said, you need to text her a lot more! Otherwise she's gonna think you don't care and leave you. Trust me girls love it when you act like a wimp and smother them with affection!

This is sarcasm right?
This is sarcasm right?

lol of course it is, the less you text a girl, the more she thinks about you.
lol of course it is, the less you text a girl, the more she thinks about you.

well i don't think that tactic has worked much so far

3 or 4 days of no contact with a girl you've been seeing 2 or 3 times a week for the past 3 months and who used to text you constantly. Doesn't really look positive. But hey, I'll wait until sunday or monday for her to "let me know" when she's free to meet up and then I'll text her and say we should meet to have a talk.
Well I text her again asking how she was etc. and if she wanted to do something tomorrow. She replied only with "I can't tomorrow". I asked if there was another day she was free and she said she would have to let me know and that she is feeling really ill just now.

I guess I'll just leave it until if/when she texts me asking me to do something. Although I think this is finished probably. Just seems so bizarre considering how she was when we saw each other last week.

sorry to hear that, maybe just give her time and then confront her directly
Original post by lascelles101
sorry to hear that, maybe just give her time and then confront her directly

Yeah that's the plan. I didn't think women "lost interest" so quickly (in the space of a few days??) after spending a good few months together but maybe I was wrong.
well i don't think that tactic has worked much so far

3 or 4 days of no contact with a girl you've been seeing 2 or 3 times a week for the past 3 months and who used to text you constantly. Doesn't really look positive. But hey, I'll wait until sunday or monday for her to "let me know" when she's free to meet up and then I'll text her and say we should meet to have a talk.

That's actually a good idea
Yeah that's the plan. I didn't think women "lost interest" so quickly (in the space of a few days??) after spending a good few months together but maybe I was wrong.

women can be tempremental

If I lose interest in someone, it would happen in the early stages. Not months later.
Happens alot. We click, get excited, chat continuously, we get bored, find another and so it continues... :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by K2G
Maybe, like most girls, she is using you as a boost of her ego and to make herself feel 'special'. Most girls want attention but don't want to give any.

Or

She's just playing hard to get. Just text her and ask her why she's been silent lately.

LMAO you're so bitter. No girl wants you.
Reply 56
Original post by Kylie Jenner
LMAO you're so bitter. No girl wants you.

Your user name is not suitable to make this comment.
Original post by Tiger Rag
If I lose interest in someone, it would happen in the early stages. Not months later.

well that's what i thought until people on here said it sounds like she's just lost interest

not sure what else it could be
meeting her tonight to have a talk and find out what's going on, i need to make sure i don't come across as needy though
2 years later..... what happened?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending