The Student Room Group

AQA Environmental Studies AS Level Revision Notes Here

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexs98
No way! There's 3 of us on here doing that then🙈 It is, I agree😂 Why did you decide to do the whole thing by yourself?

Because I did really poor in chemistry last year and needed 2 sciences at B to get into uni😂 I'm already doing biology so the only other option was Environmental banter because there's no chance I was gonna try physics😂
Reply 21
Original post by Leviathan1741
I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought that haha! I think a lot of people in my class struggled with it though, so I think it's quite a tough subject in general. Also, the same question never seems to come up twice, so past papers don't really help that much!

They never had the same question but they had similar things come up, especially with the EIA and green belt, but I would learn the answers they gave then apply them to the next question and it'd wrong😂
Oh well, hopefully the examinors will be nice 😊
Original post by alexs98
They never had the same question but they had similar things come up, especially with the EIA and green belt, but I would learn the answers they gave then apply them to the next question and it'd wrong😂
Oh well, hopefully the examinors will be nice 😊

Haha yeah. Fingers crossed! :h:
Reply 23
Original post by Nathan020698
Because I did really poor in chemistry last year and needed 2 sciences at B to get into uni😂 I'm already doing biology so the only other option was Environmental banter because there's no chance I was gonna try physics😂

Oh fair enough! I did biol and chem too but i was also doing pe and german (both of which I dropped after AS) so I needed another subject, I find it quite interesting though and it does seem to cross quite a bit with Biology, which is fortunate😊 What do you plan on doing in uni?
Original post by alexs98
Oh fair enough! I did biol and chem too but i was also doing pe and german (both of which I dropped after AS) so I needed another subject, I find it quite interesting though and it does seem to cross quite a bit with Biology, which is fortunate😊 What do you plan on doing in uni?

I'm planning to do BioMed at uni but need fairly decent grades which I'm not too sure I'll meet tbh haha wbu?
Reply 25
I'm planning to do BioMed at uni but need fairly decent grades which I'm not too sure I'll meet tbh haha wbu?

That sounds quite cool to be fair, i'm sure you will be fine😊 physiotherapy! I also need quite decent grades haha, do you think the unis will pity us for teaching ourselves a whole a level?😂
Original post by alexs98
That sounds quite cool to be fair, i'm sure you will be fine😊 physiotherapy! I also need quite decent grades haha, do you think the unis will pity us for teaching ourselves a whole a level?😂

Ah nice that sounds good! And hahah yeah I was hoping that😂 Might drop em a cheeky email and be like "mate look I taught myself the entire course in like 8 months so Yano give me a break yeah" 😂
Ah nice that sounds good! And hahah yeah I was hoping that😂 Might drop em a cheeky email and be like "mate look I taught myself the entire course in like 8 months so Yano give me a break yeah" 😂

Yey!!! We are three of us now.
Reply 28

Hahahahhaha
Thanks so much for posting these notes - they're super helpful! Got the unit 2 exam this week so hopefully it'll go better than the unit 1 exam!
Original post by Turnstone2
Thanks so much for posting these notes - they're super helpful! Got the unit 2 exam this week so hopefully it'll go better than the unit 1 exam!

Thank you Turnstone2, I'm so glad you've found them helpful! Best of luck for unit 2! :h:
Good luck for tomorow fellow environmental studiers, hope this exam doesn't Spoil(heaps) your grade #bants
Reply 32
how did you all do?:smile:
Hey guys,

I'm considering taking this as an A level; is it worth taking? Did you find it easy?
Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
Hey guys,

I'm considering taking this as an A level; is it worth taking? Did you find it easy?

Personally I found Environmental Studies to be one of my most difficult subjects. I found the exam questions and mark schemes to be ambiguous, and since it's not a very common subject, there weren't that many revision resources available (though that might've changed by now as it's been a few years since I did it).

It can be useful if you're thinking of doing an environment or geography-related degree (though not all universities consider it to be a science subject, so doing it alongside geography or another science is probably best), however it's definitely not a 'doss' subject as some people like to say :rolleyes::smile:
The spec has changed now and it's now called environmental science so apparently it's a lot harder as they've made it a lot more sciency
Thanks sent to my son who has just failed his first year papers. Many thanks
Thanks so much!!!

I'm studying Environmental science online do you have any tips? as I'm finding it so hard....

I barely understand anything and I feel like on my online course I don't know what info is relevant or not, so these are a massive help thanks so much!!

Original post by username2088165
Hi everyone,

Here I've attached the revision notes I made for AQA AS Level Environmental Studies. They cover Unit 1 (The Living Environment) and Unit 2 (The Physical Environment). I believe they are mostly complete, although I did run out of time during unit 2 so I haven't got any notes on biogeochemical cycles and soils I'm afraid!

Despite that, I hope that you guys find them helpful! Like with my Geology notes which I posted earlier this week, I apologise in advance for any spelling/grammar errors which I may have missed! :h:
Reply 38
Original post by username2088165
Hi everyone,

Here I've attached the revision notes I made for AQA AS Level Environmental Studies. They cover Unit 1 (The Living Environment) and Unit 2 (The Physical Environment). I believe they are mostly complete, although I did run out of time during unit 2 so I haven't got any notes on biogeochemical cycles and soils I'm afraid!

Despite that, I hope that you guys find them helpful! Like with my Geology notes which I posted earlier this week, I apologise in advance for any spelling/grammar errors which I may have missed! :h:

thank you so so much omg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending