The Student Room Group

2016 AQA GCSE Chemistry Unofficial mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

For the question about how to reduce heat loss, I put add a lid so that less heat is lost to the surroundings. Is that right??
Also, I think to get an A* you would need 45.
Wasn't the first question about neon not boron?
thanks for that! i got most of them right... was quite simple tbh.... nothing about the earth and its early atmosphere
Original post by Ollie1999
The atom described in the question about incorrect structure was referring to Neon and I think in the question the electron count was of Flourine??

Or am I wrong?

No you are right it was about neon not boron

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FitzpatrickR
Yh thats right

I think you have to be specific so it would be:

Aluminium oxide catalyst
400 to 700 degrees celsius
Original post by Holly.Hodgson99
For the question about how to reduce heat loss, I put add a lid so that less heat is lost to the surroundings. Is that right??

i put that too but then after i wrote ' use digital thermometer' so gave 2 answers..
Original post by blissfuleuphoria
Wasn't the first question about neon not boron?

First boron (drawing the electronic structure), second was neon (what's wrong).
From this mark scheme, I got 52 i think. Is that likely to be an A*?

Also, on the Coursework, I got 40/50. If I get A* on each of C1,2 and 3, how likely am I to get an A* overall?

Thanks
Original post by JustasB
Also, I think to get an A* you would need 45.

No it would be around 52 because last year it was 50 for A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was the third question asking?

Was it not asking about sub-atomic particles and their charges in just the nucleus so you're not supposed to talk about electrons, right?
Original post by YAY GCSE
From this mark scheme i got roughly 47, what grade is that likely to be?

i think 35-38ish is an A sooo dont know.
AAAAH. This is insane; judging by the unofficial mark scheme I got around 58/60!
Original post by LogicalFallacy
First boron (drawing the electronic structure), second was neon (what's wrong).

We had to draw the electronic structure? Damn I could have sworn I checked if I needed to draw anything on the first double page spread. Uh.
Reply 134
For the question on cracking I put 1. Very hot and 2. Catalyst is this too vague for even 1 mark ?
:frown: I really mucked up today and went into a state of total panic (I have severe anxiety). So annoyed at myself for making silly mistakes because I know that I knew the content and if I'm being honest, though I mucked up, it was a very good paper. If I mark myself harshly what do you think 40 - 45 would get me?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by abimoe
For the question on cracking I put 1. Very hot and 2. Catalyst is this too vague for even 1 mark ?

I put "high temperature" and "presence of a catalyst", not sure how many marks that would get though.
Realising you missed the first question out is quite a sickly feeling
Original post by abimoe

I'm not entirely sure because some mark schemes say you have to write:

Aluminium oxides catalyst
400 to 700 degrees temperature

But others say that just stating catalyst and high temperature is enough.

I think you should definitely get at least one mark however.
Original post by LogicalFallacy
That's the catalyst, yes, but I think you just needed to mention the presence of an aluminium oxide catalyst.

Did you have to state that it needed to be aluminium oxide? I just said "presence of a catalyst and high temperature"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending