The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Mathematics C2- 25th May 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Thank you! 😄😄
Original post by Euclidean
Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 11.46.52.png

This is from a physics formula sheet, can't remember how much if any is required for C2

ok thanks
There is a 2016 news item about calculator use here:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/subjects/mathematics.updates.html?article=/content/demo/en/news-policy/subject-updates/mathematics/use-of-calculators-in-the-summer-2016-exam-series&pageTypes=

It doesn't say anything different from the 2015 version, but it's got this year's date on it if you need to bring it to the attention of your school.
Original post by Exams987
ok thanks

Area of triangle =12b×h=12absin(C)= \frac{1}{2}b \times h = \frac{1}{2}absin(C)
Area of trapezium =12(a+b)×h= \frac{1}{2}(a+b) \times h
Area of circle =π×r2= \pi \times r^{2}
Area of sector =θ2r2= \frac{\theta}{2}r^{2}
Original post by thefatone
It's really not that difficult.
possibly if you don't know how to use those identities well

Dunno, everything bruh, everything, there's nto that many topics to cover so cover them all.
Depends
Most likely harder due to the turnout of this year's C1 paper

really? but it's just free marks
trapezium rule is can you use your calculator and formula on the formula sheet?
the other one is can you integrate and sub in x for numbers?

loooool I know C2 isn't difficult in general, I'm just listing some examples off the top of my head that could potentially be a topic for discussion. Different people may face difficulty in different topics, so that was quite a sweeping statement there.
Reply 125
whats the conditions for a point being a point of inflection?
Original post by joodaa
whats the conditions for a point being a point of inflection?

First and second derivative is 0 (for a-level)

Further to A-Level, you need to verify that the third derivative is not 0.
how many ums is c2 again ?? and what percentage of the whole A level ???
Reply 128
Original post by Zacken
First and second derivative is 0 (for a-level)

Further to A-Level, you need to verify that the third derivative is not 0.

Ah alright thank you so If we were asked a question and the first and second derivative was 0, we could conclude that it's a point of inflection without having to verify the third derivative?
Original post by joodaa
Ah alright thank you so If we were asked a question and the first and second derivative was 0, we could conclude that it's a point of inflection without having to verify the third derivative?

Yes,
Original post by shazia1998

100 ums
Original post by rosemondtan
loooool I know C2 isn't difficult in general, I'm just listing some examples off the top of my head that could potentially be a topic for discussion. Different people may face difficulty in different topics, so that was quite a sweeping statement there.

logs+ geometric sequences can be a pain if rearranging and taking logs of stuff is difficult for you
Original post by shazia1998

Original post by Exams987
100 ums

The whole A-Level is 600 UMS so C2 constitutes 17% of the whole A-Level
What kind of hard questions can there be for Binomial Expansion?? I dont get those questions that ask for yu to estimate stuff after solving it. Im so scared guysssss!! And do u guys think Solomon papers are worth doing?
Original post by woahexams
What kind of hard questions can there be for Binomial Expansion?? I dont get those questions that ask for yu to estimate stuff after solving it. Im so scared guysssss!! And do u guys think Solomon papers are worth doing?

Most definitely, do everything you can get your hands on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by euclidean
the whole a-level is 600 ums so c2 constitutes 17% of the whole a-level

thank you ever so much.:h
Reply 137
Original post by woahexams

the estimation questions require a substitution for the value of x.
Eg If asked to expand (1+3x)^8 and then asked to estimate (0.97)^8, ou need to work out the value of x to put in the expansion.
you can do this by doing 1+3x = 0.97. Rearranging gives x=-0.01.
You put this in the expansion to give the estimation
Original post by candol
the estimation questions require a substitution for the value of x.
Eg if asked to expand (1+3x)^8 and then asked to estimate (0.97)^8, ou need to work out the value of x to put in the expansion.
You can do this by doing 1+3x = 0.97. Rearranging gives x=-0.01.
You put this in the expansion to give the estimation

thank you so much ur a life saver
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Just go through the Physicsmathstutor model answers but don't scroll down to the answers :lol:

I'm revising all of C2 in about 4 days up to Saturday night, which leaves me Sunday+Monday+Tuesday = x3 past papers/day = x9 past papers in total.
^ Regular Edexcel past papers: Jan 2012, June 2012, Jan 2013, June 2013, June 14, June 15.

Edexcel IAL past papers: June 15 IAL, Jan 2016 IAL.

+ x1 Madasmaths hardest difficulty exam paper.

I need to to get 100% in C2 as badly as I need to get 90% in C3 + C4 (ideally I want 95%+ in C3/C4)

That's exactly what I need after the C1 exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending